🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: "Upgrades are not possible during that pe...
Page options
cneye
Community Member

"Upgrades are not possible during that period"

Why is this message displayed and when will it be cleared?

"We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kevin and others,

The error you're getting is shown by design when a freelancer attempts to upgrade their Membership when their billing cycle is about to renew. If you go to your Membership & Connects page under Settings, you'll see the dates of your billing cycle. Note that you won't be able to upgrade your membership plan during the renewal period. Once your billing cycle updates, you will be able to upgrade your membership.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

184 REPLIES 184
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chukuneye,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cneye
Community Member

From my Android Google Chrome, Laptop Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, all same response.

After clearing cache, upgrade appeared momentarily and then notice came up again.

Hi Chukuneye,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm getting same message while upgrade my agency plan.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jasbir,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi I am have the same issue.

Hi Muhammad Hilal,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

'We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later.'
I am encountering this error. I entered from another browser but same result. Although my subscription expired, my membership was not renewed, no connection was given. how can we solve it.

Hi Habibe,

I checked your account and I can see that you were able to upgrade to our Plus plan. If there's anything else I can assist you with, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

still the same warning pops up. Since my subscription is not renewed, I want to switch to a free membership.

Hi Habibe,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hey i have the same problem.. i used my phones and it shows same 

Hi Jannatus,

Thank you for your message. The membership upgrade is not allowed when your existing membership is due for renewal. You will need to try again after 24-48 hours of your billing date. You can check your billing cycle here.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
e_eshi
Community Member

i can see the my current billing cycle is  Mar 25, 2022 — Apr 24, 2022 
so when can i apply again?
I tried again now. but still shows the same message .
i have balance in my upwork account also .

e_eshi_0-1651446622500.png

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jannatus, 
I'll go ahead and look into this and I'll come back here once I have more information regarding your concern. 

ETA: Hi Jannatus, I'm coming back here to let you know that after checking your account it looks like you don't have a billing method on file. Please try adding a billing method to your account before upgrading your membership. Your membership is automatically billed every month, and the system will need a valid billing method on file before you can upgrade your membership. 

A member of the team has also reached out to you to assist you further with this concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

'We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later.'
I am encountering this error. I entered from another browser but same result.

how can we solve it

i will buy first time membership plan

Same issue when I'm trying to upgrade my membership

Hi Syed, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try again to upgrade your membership plan in 24 hours? If you still experience the same issue let us know and we will assist you accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
41146ae2
Community Member

Hi,

Nikola S wrote:

Hi Syed, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try again to upgrade your membership plan in 24 hours? If you still experience the same issue let us know and we will assist you accordingly.

I'm facing the same issue, I have tried by clearing cookies and changing the browser but its still the same error:

We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later.

Hi Adnan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
rims
Community Member

I am getting same issue while upgrading my freelancer profile.

Hi Brijesh,

As you are trying to upgrade your membership on the same date as it's set to expire, you need to wait for the new billing cycle to start and then try again. You can find this date on your "Memberships and Connects" page under User Settings.

Could you please allow more time for your next billing cycle to start? Let us know if you are still unable to upgrade your membership after 24 hours and we'll assist you accordingly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
d29b630c
Community Member

Hi, 

i have the same issue. On my iOS app and my browser both

Hi Abdur,

As Nikola mentioned here, if you are trying to upgrade your membership on the same date as it's set to expire, you need to wait for the new billing cycle to start and then try again. You can find this date on your "Memberships and Connects" page under User Settings. Let us know if you are still unable to upgrade your membership after 24 hours so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello Joanne,

I am seeing the pop on my screen. Can you help me too?

Hi Douglas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I am finding the same issue, can you help me out? I could not upgrade my agency account to plus

Capture111.PNG

Hi Ali,

I noticed that you are trying to upgrade the membership of your agency on the same date that it is to expire. In cases like this, you need to wait for the new billing cycle to start and then try again.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, 

I am facing the same issue can you please guide me.
Thanks,

Adil Irfan

Hi Muhammad,

Just to confirm, did you try to clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser to upgrade your plan? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Thank you for replying.
Yes, I have tried clearing the cache and cookies.

Hi Muhammad,

~ Goran
Upwork

We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later.
facing this issue.

Hi Asim,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Upwork Trust & Safety Team,

I want to bring in your kind attention that I am not able to upgrade to Freelancer Plus membership. When I'm trying to upgrade attached message is showing on my window. Kindly let me know how can I upgrade my account to Plus.

Sincerely,

Aashutosh **Edited for Community Guidelines**
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Aashutosh,

As you are trying to upgrade your membership on the same date as it's set to expire, you need to wait for the new billing cycle to start and then try again. You can find this date on your "Memberships and Connects" page under User Settings.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear Aleksandar D,

Thanks for your message. I've subscribed to Freelancer Plus. I've cleared cache and cookies yesterday. And now I'm not able to see my profile as it was shown previously. I've uploaded an introductory video. But in new interface of my profile, I'm not able to see the video on my profile. Can you please have a look to my profile and tell me if you are able to see the video.

My profile URL: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0138e65bee6ad424bc

I'll be very thankful to you.

Sincerely,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Aashutosh,

I checked and was able to see your video on your profile. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies again or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for looking into it. I'm facing one more issue. As I removed cache and cookies, My profile interface looking like this(attached). How can I get back the previous interface for my profile?

Sincerely,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths