🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: "Upgrades are not possible during that pe...
Page options
cneye
Community Member

"Upgrades are not possible during that period"

Why is this message displayed and when will it be cleared?

"We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kevin and others,

The error you're getting is shown by design when a freelancer attempts to upgrade their Membership when their billing cycle is about to renew. If you go to your Membership & Connects page under Settings, you'll see the dates of your billing cycle. Note that you won't be able to upgrade your membership plan during the renewal period. Once your billing cycle updates, you will be able to upgrade your membership.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

184 REPLIES 184

Hi Aashutosh,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
8ff6d995
Community Member

same thing showing in my profile else i m login private window

Hi Anju,

Could you please share a screenshot from your end, capturing the problem you're experiencing? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I am also facing the same issue with my agency profile. I am unable to upgrade the same. It shows me the message - "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later." 

Tried clearing the cache, switching the browsers, incognito, etc. But no luck. 

Hello Deep,

Thank you for your message. I see that your agency subscription renewal date is the 3rd of every month. You are unable to make changes to your agency subscription near your subscription renewal date. Could you please try again after 24-48 hours and let us know if you still have the same issue?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Yeah, same issue in here, cleared cache, cookies, switched 3 different terminals, same, any help ?

Hi Nabil,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
fd16f47a
Community Member

I am getting the same error message when upgrading to plus. I tried cleared cache, cookies, and 3 different browsers. Can someone please help? 

Screenshot below. 

Hi Rohit,

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having this issue as well currently. I have attemped in other browsers but still no luck. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Amie,

As you are trying to upgrade your membership on the same date as it's renewing, you need to wait for the new billing cycle to have started and then try again. You can find this date on your "Memberships and Connects" page under User Settings.

~Andrea
Upwork

Why is this message displayed and when will it be cleared?

"We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later."

Hi Mohsin,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have a similar situation, can you help me?

Hi Oleksii,

Thank you for your message. The membership upgrades are not allowed when your existing membership is due for renewal. You will need to try again after 24-48 hours of your billing date. You can check your billing cycle here.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
nehag904
Community Member

Why is this message displayed and when will it be cleared? Trying Last 2 days Same Issue with my upwork

We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neha,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
f1e3fcd2
Community Member

Hi, I am also getting this message since 2 days and I am unable to upgrade membership plan because of this. I tried using incognito mode and a different browser.

Hi Gaurav,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
34c841e6
Community Member

Hi

It is quite clear from this chain that"Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?" does not work. And no one has replied if they have this issue fixed even after talking to a support agent which is the next mentioned step. 

Is something else going on? 

Upwork does not want these people's business and mine as I am having the same issue?

Hello Mohammed,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear how you feel. Please note that membership upgrades are not allowed when your existing membership is due for renewal. You will need to try again after 24-48 hours of your billing date. You can check your billing cycle here.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi

Having the same issue for over 3 days.

It is quite clear from this chain that"Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?" does not work. And no one has replied if they have this issue fixed even after talking to a support agent which is the next mentioned step.
Is something else going on?
Upwork does not want these people's business and mine as I am having the same issue?

Regards

Community Member

We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later. 

I am facing this problem please solve this.

Thank you 

Hi Hamza,

Just to confirm, did you try to clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser to upgrade your membership plan? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes I tried to do so but same.

Hi Hamza,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

yes i did but same problem is still there

I am facing the same issue and I tried all the things that you have mentioned!

Hi Sofia,

I checked your account, and it looks like the transaction has been declined. You may want to reach out to your credit card provider to check the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same issue.

Hi Harmeet,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
tani505
Community Member

I have the same issue "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later." I clear all cache cookies and I try another browser but the issue is not resolved what I do? please help us.

Hi Muhammad,

We're unable to process upgrades while your Billing Cycle is being renewed. Since your Billing Cycle is being renewed today, please try again in a couple of days. You can check your Current Billing Cycle in Settings > Membership & Connects.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi! I have the same issue

Hi Yurii,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
59098b6f
Community Member

Hi Bojan,
I am facing the same problem " "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later." As per your advice, I log in to another browser and try to activate my membership but the problem is the same, will you please help me.

Thanks,
Raju D.

Hi Raju,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Could you please help me too? Same error when trying to upgrade to Freelance Plus. And yes, cache cleared.

Hi Dattatray,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents to reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
shobnil_abir
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. When I go to "view or edit membership plan" the following text appears on the top "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later." So I can't upgrade my plan. I need a solution.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members