cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"View Competitor Bids." Ummmmm...

sephiroth_m75
Andrew B Member Since: Feb 11, 2011
1 of 30

When they say "bids" do they include proposals with that?

If so, I have so say, I'm not a fan of this change.

I don't want any old low-balling unprofessional contractor to be able to copy my proposals. I consider my proposal templates one of my biggest business assets and I would sooner stop working on odesk than let it be copied.

whogg72
Community Guru
William H Member Since: Dec 2, 2013
2 of 30

Hi Andrew,

99.999999% sure its just the price you bid.

Cheers,

William

crisnvidia
Kristi C Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
3 of 30

When they say "bids" they only include the maximal, minimal and average bid in $ / each job posted which has applicants. 

If I posted a project with a budget of $100 and there were two applicants, applicant A and applicant B. 

A's bid would be of $60
B's bid would be of $80

Respectively you can notice a maximal bid of $80, a minimal bid of $60 and an average bid of $70 out of two applicants, considering you have an upgraded plan. 

I personally consider this feature as useful, and it would mean no harm.

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
4 of 30

That's correct Kristi. As a Plus member, you'll be able to see highest, lowest and average cost for submitted applications. You don't have visibility into each member's cost estimate, nor the details of their proposals.

d2nalex
Diann F Member Since: Aug 25, 2015
5 of 30

After struggling for about a month to get my foot in the door with clients who are being bombarded with large numbers of proposals, I just upgraded to the Plus plan so that I could learn what the jobs that I am declined on actually went for.  So now with the upgrade, I can see the bid range on the jobs that I'm still in the running for, but there is ZERO info included on the jobs that I lost out on, at least not in the same place that I see the range for the others.  And most importantly, there is no winning bid amount.  That is the most important number that I was looking for with the upgrade. Am I missing something?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 30

Yes, I pay just for the rollover, but yep, someone always bids the lowest and then there are the highest bidders.

You can't see anything other than the bid ranges.

dharshnian
Priyadharshini A Member Since: Aug 17, 2016
7 of 30

Hi everyone,

my question is,

---- How to view competitor's Bid profile.Is there any function (or) option to do this?

--- It is not for copying the profile its just reference (or) sample for new freelancer,

Thank you,

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
8 of 30

Hi Priyadharshini,

Viewing competitor bid range is a perk that's available under the Plus membership. You can find more information about memberships here

-Lena

Untitled
dharshnian
Priyadharshini A Member Since: Aug 17, 2016
9 of 30

Thank for your reply,

Currently i have a Plus membership only. Here displayed only the bid price ranges(max,avg,min) not the content or profile for other competitors.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 30

Hi Priyadharshini,

The way activity on the job is displayed was changed a few months ago and now you can see bid ranges instead of an exact number of proposals with links to profiles. You can learn more about the change from Garnor's post here.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS