cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We have taken appropriate action"

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
11 of 17

So why has this "client" not been removed?

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
12 of 17
Because this is Upwork we're talking about :-/
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 17

Nichola it's most unlikely to be the same and when they get smart and take the revealing of what they are planning to do to Skype it takes evidence and that takes a bit of time.

Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
14 of 17

Petra, it most certainly is the same "client", as while he came up with a new company name and a new account, he did not bother to change HIS name, which is identical in both cases. The surname is short and sounds russian, which is why I remembered it so easily.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 17

@Hanna N wrote:

Petra, it most certainly is the same "client", as while he came up with a new company name and a new account, he did not bother to change HIS name, which is identical in both cases. The surname is short and sounds russian, which is why I remembered it so easily.

Ah. suspended on the first, opened another. Did you tell MQ that this was a dupe of an already suspended account?

Also the name will be fake.

Ace Contributor
Alexander N Member Since: Sep 14, 2013
16 of 17

My 2 cents on this matter and some experience with reporting jobs/clients/freelancers.

Some time ago, I’ve encountered a job asking to for pirated copies of certain software to be installed and crack-activated. Reported. This one was delisted in a matter of few hours. Pretty good by me.

Take two. Reported freelancer’s profile, clearly impersonating a well-known and respected journalist. ”Appropriate action has been taken”. Yeah, sure. Only forced the impersonator to change profile photo to a less widespread one but still publically available.

Funny thing is, the real journalist easily earns 10 times more than impersonator stated in his/her fake profile.

Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
17 of 17
I did tell customer support that I had received an invitation from a client with identical name but different account in the past. But it's not a dupe of an already suspended account, as the job I was invited to two months ago - actually, both of his similar job posts on the older account - are still open and active. And yes, I did flag them two months ago....
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS