Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You do not meet this qualification" Rising Talent

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1 of 13

Considering clients can NOT select "Rising Talent" without "90%+ JSS" I wonder how this could possibly happen unless it's another bug...

rising talent not met.jpg

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 13

Hi Petra, 

I wanted to check what were the other qualifications that were set by the client? Or was it showing "Rising Talent" only? 

May I request that you please send the job post through a private message so that I can check? 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 13

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Petra, 

I wanted to check what were the other qualifications that were set by the client? Or was it showing "Rising Talent" only?

As you can see on the screenshot, that was the only one, which shouldn't even be possible. It also wouldn't matter if there were more.

When posting a Job "Rising Talent" can NOT be set as a stand-alone qualification, it can only be included in either 80% + or 90%+ - both of which I obviously have (at 100%)

not possible.jpg

@Avery O wrote:

May I request that you please send the job post through a private message so that I can check? 

Doing so now. It doesn't matter to me as I'm not interested in the job, just wondering what's going on.

(NO ticket creation please, not like last time I asked that no ticket be created and this was ignored. Thanks.)

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 13

I received your PM, Petra. I'll look into it, making sure you don't want a ticket filed on your behalf about this issue. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Valentina D Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
5 of 13

I suppose the client has chosen "any job success" + "rising talent" to give everyone a chance, and since this is so unusual, the system got confused. Quite absurd and I'm sure it's the last thing that the job poster wanted.

But maybe this option should be made possible. There is a significant number of clients who love to work with rising talents more than with anyone else, including TR freelancers. Rising talents are so eager to impress, plus they are cheaper (compared to their own rates once they become 90%+ TR), less picky, and more flexible. And surprisingly, many of those clients are actually quite nice to work with. They have limited budgets, yes, but the opportunities are perfect for those with limited experience.

I know this sounds awful to everyone who ever complained that their TR badge resulted in fewer responses (this was my experience too, although I never complained about it) - but it kinda explains the phenomenon. I assume some of my first clients would not consider to contact me if my profile looked the way it looks now. But again, I wouldn't consider working on those projects now that I have more choice. Still, those were great deals back then, for both sides.

So, in short, I think it would be wise to allow people who'd like to work with RT only to have this option. It would save everyone's time and response rates.

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 13

@Valentina D wrote:

I suppose the client has chosen "any job success" + "rising talent".

That is not physically possible to do. I even tried it to make sure.

The "include Rising Talent" button is greyed out when you choose "Any Job Success" - I even included a screenshot above to demonstrate that this can not be the reason.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
7 of 13

I've seen the same thing. I'm looking at a job right now that has just two Preferred Qualifications: Rising Talent and Fluent English. Rising Talent has the red exclamation mark symbol. And I think I remember seeing another case of this a couple of days ago.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
8 of 13

@Richard W wrote:

I've seen the same thing. I'm looking at a job right now that has just two Preferred Qualifications: Rising Talent and Fluent English. Rising Talent has the red exclamation mark symbol. And I think I remember seeing another case of this a couple of days ago.

Yeah, me as well. There are a lot of jobs like that all of a sudden.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
9 of 13

@Ela K wrote:

@Richard W wrote:

Yeah, me as well. There are a lot of jobs like that all of a sudden.

Yes, me too. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Valentina D Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
10 of 13

Weird indeed Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS