Ace Contributor
Mizan M Member Since: Mar 22, 2015
11 of 21

6-17-2015 1-14-02 PM.jpg

Same issue here...

Ace Contributor
Paul M Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
12 of 21

It's because the certificate has been issued to zendesk.com (the CS system vendors), and not upwork.com, causing the browser to throw an error/advisory.

I'm not sure what's changed but these certificate things do happen occasionally, usually when the certificate has been renewed and someone has missed something in the issuing.

As things go, this particular problem is one of the more minor hiccups affecting UpWork...

Community Leader
Asif R Member Since: Jan 7, 2015
13 of 21

Suffering from same problem. Wanna contact to support but its asking for Private Connection. Staff may please look into this issue. We can't catch staff on LIVE CHAT due to this problem.

Asif Rehman
Manish K Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
14 of 21

I have also same issue about Untrusted sites.

Ace Contributor
Paul M Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
15 of 21

For anybody concerned, if you look at the technical details in the alert in your browser, it will say something like "certificate is issued to zendesk.com and not upwork.com"

As long as it does say "zendesk.com", you *should* be okay to accept it as valid.

Zendesk is the Upwork helpdesk software

Disclaimer: Use this information at your own risk, just in case Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
16 of 21

May have upwork technical issues but they are also updating website. Elance will be going to become Upwork. 

Yeah, It will be resolved soon, 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 21

Hi All,

I am sorry about the inconvenience caused by the issue with accessing the Help Center. Our engineers are currently working to fix it as soon as possible. Meanwhile, you should still be able to access the Help Center through this link. Please, let me know if it doesn't work.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Desi P Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
18 of 21

Same problem. I cant get paid the site says that your connection is not private. My profile says that my financial transaction have been limited and everytime i go to customer support it says that your connection is not private. I tried to check the link that you gave but it doesnt work. What can I do. Please help. Thanks.

Ace Contributor
Mizan M Member Since: Mar 22, 2015
19 of 21

Hi Valeria,

The issue still persists.

6-17-2015 9-40-33 PM.jpg

As Paul suggested, we can take the warning as safe as the certificate is issued for *.zendesk.com which is the support site of Upwork and proceed to the page by Clicking 'Advanced'  and then clicking 'Proceed to support.upwork.com (unsafe)' on Chrome.

On Firefox, the steps would be first clicking 'I Understand the Risks' and then 'Add Exception'.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
20 of 21

Hi Everyone,

For those of you that are still receiving a warning message, could you try closing out of your browser completely and try to access the site again. It looks like the issue has been resolved. However, if you are still having issues I will let our engineering team know. 

-Lena

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS