🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ""You must be a member of this room to access...
Page options
richard_wein
Community Member

""You must be a member of this room to access this file""

My client just got this error message when trying to download a file I sent him as an attachment in Upwork Messages. He sent me this screen shot:

Pasted File at May 29, 2020 3_54 PM.png

Is this a new issue? I couldn't find any mention of it in a forum search. I assume he was logged in to Upwork, as I don't think he'd be able to access his messages otherwise.

It's a good thing this was an existing client, so I was allowed to email him the file!

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Richard,

I`m not sure why your client experienced this problem but our team will reach out to them to check their account and make sure that everything is working as designed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nico_levi
Community Member

i have the same problem 

You must be a member of this room to access this file. If you still need access, please contact the sender. i work with this client over 2 years and i cant open files he send me 

Hi Nikola,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the contract ID for the client you're referring to so that I can assist you further? You can get the Contract ID by going to My Jobs> All contracts> click on the contract in question and it's under >Terms and Settings. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members