🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: "unable to find your address" - it won't ...
Page options
maryhollendoner
Community Member

"unable to find your address" - it won't let me enter my correct address!

Upwork will not let me enter my correct address!  I even went to UPS online to confirm I am typing it in the right format and it still says "unable to find your address".  There's no way for me to type it in myself!  I have been receiving mail at this address for years with no issues - how can I fix it?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok all. Verified workaround... if you type in a number (like a house number), then type "qwerty", it will give you the option of entering your address manually. I don't know why it's necessary, but it works. Now if only they'd give me a method of linking to my portfolio instead of rebuilding it from scratch...

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mary, 

I wanted to check if you tried filling-in your address in the "Start typing your address" field? Once you type-in, there should be a drop-down option which shows different addresses as you type along. Your address should show up as an option there. Once you select it, the rest of the fields will auto-populate.

Let me know if this isn't the case so that I can look into this for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I replied to your message by email but maybe it didn't get to you, since you didn't reply, so I'll reply again here just in case!  Yes, I tried filling in my address but it doesn't recognize it and can't find it.  It's a legitimate address that I've used for years with USPS, Amazon, UPS, etc no problem.  Can I email you the address and you can enter it?

Thanks!

Thanks for following up, Mary. 

I'll share this information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you further with this issue. Please expect a member of the team to reach out to you through an email. 

~ Avery
Upwork
e9b328c7
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. My street address does not populate in the drop down, but many other streets in wrong cities do.

EDIT: update... ignore the drop down and type out your city and state. It found my address after I typed it all in the bar. Then I was able to click it. (However YMMV)

Got it thanks!

6e66c71a
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I'm experirencing the same issue as Mary. When trying to complete my Upwork account so that I can sell, Upwork does not provide my address as an option to select. I'm unable to complete my profile without finishing this piece. Would someone be able to help me resolve this issue, as well? 

Thank you! 

Hi Lindsay,

Could you please confirm if you're able to see the "Enter address manually" button here? It should appear after you type your address and there are no results showing in the dropdown.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9dd3e23a
Community Member

I have the same problem and do not see a manual option either 

Hi Peter,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I can see that you were able to add your complete address to your account. Looks like you're all set. Let me know if you still further assistance with your concern. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
28bd447e
Community Member

Hello Luigi,

I'm experiencing this issue as well. No option to enter my address manually.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Judy

Hi Judy,

Thank you for your message. If your address is not listed, you will have the link to 'Enter address manually' after typing a few characters of your address.

I see that you have already added the address to your Upwork account. Feel free to message us if you still need assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. It won't allow me to register because my address does not show up in any of the listed addresses. and It won't allow me to enter it in myself. It's my correct address though. straight off of my drivers license.

afb471da
Community Member

Hello i am having issues with my address while creating my account. it says address not found and does not give me the option to manually fill it in. any help or insight would be much appreciated.

thank you,

Destiny b

265e9614
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. My address does not appear in the drop down and it does not allow me to proceed with just a typed address.

Hi Seamus,

Could you please confirm if you're able to see the Enter address manually button here? It should appear after you type your address and there are no results showing in the dropdown.

~Andrea
Upwork
265e9614
Community Member

Ok, it only appeared after I intentionally typed in the wrong address,
since the address appears in others cities and the correct address was
giving me a drop down of only wrong cities. Thanks!

I have a client that is trying to hire me and is having this problem.

It is preventing me from accepting the offer so I can begin work.  The prompt comes back regarding the client's address.

5eda8e33
Community Member

I can't believe this is still an issue. I've tried every hack on this thread, and upwork still can't find my address. There is no option to enter my (completely valid) address manually, even if I intentionally type an invalid address (which one should not have to do as a workaround). A little help, please?

Ok all. Verified workaround... if you type in a number (like a house number), then type "qwerty", it will give you the option of entering your address manually. I don't know why it's necessary, but it works. Now if only they'd give me a method of linking to my portfolio instead of rebuilding it from scratch...

Still a problem for me too.  Lifesaver!  this qwerty trick worked for me!  

You are a lifesaver. I am... not impressed with the functionality of Upwork's website. Ridiculous. 

mlealtoo
Community Member

I am having the same problem. Have read through all the threads here and tried everything, and still I get --> unable to find your address"  and it will not let me proceed to the next step. This is very frustrating.

Mara V. Leal

Hi Mara,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties adding your address to your Profile. Could you please confirm if you're able to see and access the "Enter address manually" button here? It should appear after you type your address and there are no results showing in the dropdown, right below that error message you've shared. Let us know if you're still having issues and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e5f9b73b
Community Member

I am having the same issue as Mary, can I have someone help me with this? 

Hi Sydny,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
84e0d28b
Community Member

Thank you, your fix worked!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members