🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ranking on upwork
Page options
bettinahughes20
Community Member

ranking on upwork

Hi,

I was wondering how people get ranked for what page they show up on in the upwork search for "textile designer" category. I have earned over $4000 now and was thinking i should  be ranked higher then someone who has earned $500. I am also wondering why my client experience ranking is still in the eighties. I have only got one review that wasnt too bad. I have got quite a few people that havent given me a ranking yet. We are in between jobs, and some people take along time to get back to you as they are not in an hurry.....Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork does not have rankings in the way that you are thinking of.

petra_r
Community Member

Bettina H wrote:

I was wondering how people get ranked for what page they show up on in the upwork search for "textile designer" category. I have earned over $4000 now and was thinking i should  be ranked higher then someone who has earned $500.

Search results are rotated, but the "better" (in terms of JSS, private feedback etc) the profile, the more often and the higher it tends to appear in the search results. It also helps when the freelancer is actively applying, as that signals that they are available for work.

Bettina H wrote:

I am also wondering why my client experience ranking is still in the eighties. 

You mean your JSS? Because you had that poor outcome early on, and very few completed contracts overall. Are all your open contracts REALLY still active? If not, even 1 of them getting closed with great fedback would likely push you over that magic 90% mark.

moonraker
Community Member

Bettina H wrote:

I am also wondering why my client experience ranking is still in the eighties. I have only got one review that wasnt too bad. I have got quite a few people that havent given me a ranking yet. 

You mean your JSS?

There's nothing to wonder about. Of the 5 jobs that have finished, at least one did not go well and you got poor feedback. Hence the score. Your JSS will change if/when the other jobs do finish and they leave you a rating. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members