cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$ rate of apply to odesk job

Highlighted
Nitish Kumar M Member Since: Jan 26, 2015
1 of 5

It is very harmfull of new odesk user. New odesk contractor will not got job for 3$ per hour rate. So have to give bid independent.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
2 of 5

Really, I only urge oDesk users to respect their WORTH! Smiley Indifferent

Highlighted
Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
3 of 5

I think that a keeping a single common minimum rate is useless. The rate should be based on the work categories as well as the experience level required for the job. It feels like such a waste when you apply and then go through an interview for an "Expert" level job for software development which turns out to be some kid looking to get his assignment done or a game bot developed to accumulate points.  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

>> rate should be based on the work categories as well as the experience level required for the job

Aseem,

You're thinking deeply, and you're analyzing problems and trying to think of solutions.

All good things.

But just adding a $3.00 minimum hourly pay is a HUGE move for oDesk.

The things you're talking about... there is no practical way to implement these ideas in the current oDesk ecosystem, even if they're good ideas.

Having varied minimum rates based on the project and the work category is not something oDesk is going to do this year. If they asked me if they should do it I would say no, work on the other new things you have planned and work on fixing existing bugs that are causing problems. After all that is polished, tested and delivered, then would be the time to further consider variable minimum rate ideas.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
5 of 5

The way it was before the $3 minimum was more harmful to new contractors. You use to bid against people bidding 10c a hour for a job. I think it is much better now.

I feel the same was as mentioned before you should set your rate to what you feel you are worth.

It is not Odesk job to decide what you should be charging per hour or what a client sets a project limit at. It is our job as contractors to decide what our rates should be. 

The minimum stopped some of the stupid stuff like wanting the cheapest bid for 10 cents an hour. I don't care where someone is from 10 cents an hour is demeaning to the contractor no matter their skill level.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS