🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » refund request
Page options
bikashroy001
Community Member

refund request

Hi had a hourly contract about to design a product catalog. After discuss the project with the client i started to work on the catalog took 6 hours with some revision then we got the project to be done.

After that client asking me to send him pdf, csv and excel file but the problem was i was using photoshop to create the design and photoshop doesnt have csv and excel file so i told him i am sorry i cant send you csv and excel file because i was using photoshop to create the design. Was able to send him pdf and psd.  also the deadline was not much anyway after that he requested me to refund his hours and i did not. No talk like a month but dont know whats wrong with his account he got suspended from upwrok. and then the client requested me to refund again but this time he requested me to refund half . I was thinking to refund him saw if i refund him i need to refund him the full hours i mean 6 hours but he requested only half of it .contacted upwork they said the client sent the request from his bank but in attached file its clearly saying the half. I told upwork to take half and finish it but the said they will took the full hours. Dont know what happing. Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Bikash C wrote:

I was thinking to refund him saw if i refund him i need to refund him the full hours i mean 6 hours but he requested only half of it .contacted upwork they said the client sent the request from his bank but in attached file its clearly saying the half. I told upwork to take half and finish it but the said they will took the full hours. Dont know what happing.

You can refund a partial amount by simply editing the refund amount while refunding. But why would you refund anyway? If you did the work you should keep your money, especially if it has been weeks. The client can no longer dispute. You worked those hours, didn't you?

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bikash,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. I checked your account and our team already assisted you on this support ticket. I suggest that you check the ticket out for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members