🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » refund the money that I didn't get
Page options
f85bc01d
Community Member

refund the money that I didn't get

Hello, please help!

the client has not paid. but received a refund from me. How is this possible? I was supposed to get the money last Wednesday, but He argued, and I didn't get it. Now, from earnings under another contract, I return the money to him.

9 REPLIES 9
arrohanj
Community Member

Contact support team asap. 

You might have sent a refund accidently or it may be a system bug. In either of the cases, only the upwork support team can help you. 

how I can contact to support team ? there is no way to write.

codebox-design
Community Member

Client simply didnt pay. Upwork protection didnt cover you because you put the time manually or you had low activity levels/no memos.

Don't contact Upwork Customer Support.

Figure out what YOU did wrong.

That way, you can fix your mistakes and avoid this problem in the future.

Probably just need to read what Pawel wrote.

Ask HERE if you still have questions.

Yes, I add time manually. If client didnt pay Why I give him refund? What can I do to solve this problem ? 

he takes money on those case when i didn't receive money, and Upwork took it from my earnings from other clients. I didn't receive any money from that client.

petra_r
Community Member

Manual time is not protected. If a client disputes manual time, you will lose the dispute 100% of the time. When the client wins the dispute, the money (which would have been in Pending) is refunded.

Manual time is NEVER prote cted, so if a client fails to pay or disputes or does a chargeback, you will lose that money every time.

f85bc01d
Community Member

yes i know, but after pendig time I didnt get the money, but know It refund from my earnings. 

Clint had to pay me 63 USD he didnt pay, but now from my other earning client took refund -63 USD, so I gave hime refund from my own money, but I didnt receive before any money from him. how it is can be?

petra_r
Community Member

Armine H wrote:

Clint had to pay me 63 USD he didnt pay, but now from my other earning client took refund -63 USD, so I gave hime refund from my own money, but I didnt receive before any money from him. how it is can be?

What do you mean "the client didn't pay"? Vlients are charged automatically on Monday after the work week has ended.

The client's payment is still in Pending, and you should get it on Wednesday.

When a refund is made, it takes the most available money, not the "actual" money. Check on your Reports Overview and look under Pending.

So, basically, the client DID pay, and when you refunded, that sum was returned to the client, it was just refunded from the available balance, not the pending balance.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths