🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » regarding personal info
Page options
22c370d3
Community Member

regarding personal info

a client is asking me to provide my email id to schedule meeting should i give to him? contract haven't started yet .

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ashish,

Please keep in mind that communicating outside of Upwork before an official contract is formed is not allowed. 

You and your client/s can use our feature Schedule a Meeting directly on Upwork. Linking a calendar to your Upwork account is recommended, but not required. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

should i report him?

Hi Ashish,

Our team will review this further and will take proper actions. Thank you for flagging this.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Ashish,

No need to report him. Just tell your honorable client, we can do meet here using the Zoom meeting feature. You will get this option on the message page.

Thanks.

Ashish K wrote:

should i report him?

There is no need to report him unless he pressures you to break the rule. Many clients are oblivious to the requirement to keep communication on the platform until a contract is in place. Just politely let him know it's required. After that, if he continues to push, then he either is trying to lure you off the platform for a scam or he's simply a jerk that you probably prefer to avoid working with.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Nyet! Never communicate outside of Upwork until a contract has been set up. Read the ToS and adhere to it to protect yourself and other freelancers from the scammers that are rampant here.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members