🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » remove bad feedback & response fb
Page options
sm793df
Community Member

remove bad feedback & response fb

hi, my client give bad feedback to me, i also give Response to him, however, it appear in my profile, please help me delete. I just refund 100% .how long to feedback be removed

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dat,

Please allow a couple of hours for everything to be updated accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dat,

Please allow a couple of hours for everything to be updated accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i'm really sad with this client. first he ask me make 3d model & render image  and then he will make contract, i said i can do nothing without contract. so he made contract,  when job done, he said "i actually think design looks great" but then give bad feedback. i'm angry and disappointed

tlbp
Community Member

Perhaps the client was hoping that by leaving you bad feedback you would be frightened and issue a refund. Perhaps he was dissatisfied with your work. Either way, if you are on the platform to make money, then you should keep the money when you are paid. 

sm793df
Community Member

right, that is a lesson for me, keep money

I'm faceing same problems, I don't know now i what can i do? 

Mithun,

If you-

1. Entered into a Contract

2. Then delivered on all of your Contractual obligations professionally

3. Do NOT allow refunds of any kind, at all, ever.

Clients may choose to enter into the dispute process, unfortunately, for any number of reasons but the purpose of Contracts is that we all must honor our contractual obligations,

This includes-

1.  Timely delivery of all work on the Freelancer end

2. Prompt payment for all work on the Client end.

Work smart, work safe!

thank William B . 

i think too much about "feedback" so i refund.but you right, next time  I will do not  refund . Never Never

Dat L wrote:

thank William B . 

i think too much about "feedback" so i refund.but you right, next time  I will do not  refund . Never Never

Here's how I see it, and I'm sorry if it seems rather selfish/CYA-esque. If the client is demanding a refund, you're already not getting good feedback. Freelancers give full refunds thinking they'll at least get good private FB (the private FB stays even if you fully refund), but that's never in a million years going to happen if the client is already that dissatisfied.

I guess one in 30 might, for some random reason, but I never liked roulette. 😄

So in this case you're out the money, and you're still getting the negatve private FB. If you don't refund, at least you get 1) the money for your work and 2) the ability to post PROFESSIONAL but accurate public FB regarding your experience with the client.

You'll also have the opportunity to post a PROFESSIONAL, BRIEF but accurate reply to your client's FB left for you if you choose. (That's up to you...it may actually be better not to put even more words in there and therefore highlight that one bad review even more...that's up to you. But it could be warranted. Judgment call.)

If you give a refund to a client then that will count as a job with no money earned, and THAT will impact and affect your JSS much more then a negative feedback will. 

So, the outcome of refunding will be that you worked for free, wasted your time and effort, received a negative hit on your JSS  

IMO I would rather be paid for the job I did assuming the work was of EXCELLENT quality and just receive a negative feedback on which I could reply to, short, precise and professionally. 

With permission I post this - it is referenced to giving away free work but it also applies to giving refunds. 

Janean L wrote:

Here is a tough-truth reality:

You ask: "Should i really work for him for free to avoid a bad review if I ended the job?"

The answer is : YES. "Yes... if..."

That is, If you are prepared to allow your freelancing endeavors to be controlled by a perpetual fear of an unpredictable and often dyspeptic client leaving you a bad review, then, by all means, YES, do allow such a client (and the many like-minded clients who will follow) to tyrannize your life. Give in to their unreasonable demands.

You will be miserable. You will be a worm-like supplicant. You will live in constant fear and uncertainty. Your talents will be at the mercy of those who neither appreciate them nor remunerate you properly for their application.

You won't make as much money as you could do if you worked with a better class of clients and if you valued your skills appropriately.

However, if you are ruled by your fear of the possibility -- even of the near-certainty -- of a bad review from a bilious and perhaps vindictive client... Well, then, by all means do the work for free.

ETA:  This is not meant to be a slam to you. It is truly meant as helpful advice -- as a way of looking at this situation that will make you re-think this client and your freelancer/client relationship. Give yourself some power and control!

Don't let your JSS dictate what you do. nor let your JSS be used as a hostage or bargaining piece.

The only way to get professional clients on this platform and to get rid of the bad ones (scammers) is to not do free work, give clients refunds because we are scared of their review and our JSS score, or take jobs with unrealistic deadlines and rates. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members