🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » removed proposal
Page options
anndowns01
Community Member

removed proposal

I bid on a job, **Edited for Community Guidelines**, and I received an email from you saying the proposal was removed from your site due to not following your terms of service.  I'm curious regarding why this happened/what this means.

I had a Google hangout chat with someone from this bid yesterday, and it was very unprofessional, unrelated to the bid, and a little bizarre.

What happened?  Is there anyhting I need to report about yesterday's chat?

Thank you,

Ann Downs

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ann D wrote:

I bid on a job, Book editor needed, and I received an email from you saying the proposal was removed from your site due to not following your terms of service.  I'm curious regarding why this happened/what this means.

I had a Google hangout chat with someone from this bid yesterday, and it was very unprofessional, unrelated to the bid, and a little bizarre.

Thank you,

Ann Downs

It is likely that another freelancer flagged the job posting after having a similar experience as you. Did they offer to send you a check for office equipment? They usually do. 

Before you have a good work history on upwork, you will be targeted by scammers, and a chat on google hangouts is a good way to identify them. If the job posting is still available, flag them for fraud. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ann D wrote:

I bid on a job, Book editor needed, and I received an email from you saying the proposal was removed from your site due to not following your terms of service.  I'm curious regarding why this happened/what this means.

Thank you,

Ann Downs

It is likely that another freelancer flagged the job posting after having a similar experience as you. Did they offer to send you a check for office equipment? They usually do. 

Before you have a good work history on upwork, you will be targeted by scammers, and a chat on google hangouts is a good way to identify them. If the job posting is still available, flag them for fraud. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ann,

Your proposal was declined by the client and was moved under the Archived tab.

Additionally, I would also suggest to check out the Safety First section on this Thread to learn more about how to protect yourself. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Ann D wrote:

If you are a new US based freelancer and hear "Hangouts Interview" - there is a 99% chance it's some version of the fake check scam, one of the oldest and dumbest on the net.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members