Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repeated jobs in ODESK and ELANCE

Ace Contributor
Ferran F Member Since: Jan 7, 2015
1 of 19

Hi everyone.

We can't put links here, but how many of us is seeing repeated jobs in ODESK and ELANCE?

Could Odesk-Elance take place of this irreponsible client behaviour?

This freelance platform is used by clients in order to just get prices for jobs previous to have the job itself, to get ideas of how can be done just asking 'are you able to do this and how'..frustrating...

This is good:

Some weeks ago I received an invitation to transfer my elance profile to odesk, after doing so when I couldn't create a new odesk account (from elance's one) with same mail the odesk help center saids, you can not have duplicated accounts, it's opposite to odesk policy!Smiley Frustrated  WEIRD! isn't?

I just want to know if there is someone at the wheels!!!!

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
2 of 19

I would like to see the answer to this. I have a profile on Elance, and I was wondering how they plan to merge profiles of freelancers who have accounts on both. If I'm invited to merge mine, I don't want to be suddenly accused having 2 accounts or something like that!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 19

Hi Ferran and Isabelle Anne,

We're currently working on a solution for those of you who have active working profiles on both Elance and oDesk and want to merge these two work histories into one. If you already have an active profile on oDesk it's best to wait until this solution is finalized. Please, do not create a duplicate profile on oDesk if you already have one.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 19

What if I don't want the two merged into one?

Are you saying that Elance and Odesk will become one company in the future?

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
5 of 19

Hi Jean,

If you don't want to merge profiles (from Elance and oDesk) you don't need to. You can continue to maintain a unique profile on each.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
6 of 19

Garnor!

Could you please get your messages clear. You have stated many, many times on Elance to sit tight if we have dual membership and wait until further information. So please could you tell those of us with dual memberships what we must do.

Also you told me on the Elance forum, that I would not have to pay more on oDesk if I already had a paid membership on Elance. This is patently not the case.

I am sure this is not your fault. But a clear answer would be much appreciated

Community Guru
William H Member Since: Dec 2, 2013
7 of 19

Jean, notice you didn't get an answer to your question?

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
8 of 19

"We're currently working on a solution for those of you who have active working profiles on both Elance and oDesk and want to merge these two work histories into one."

Merge automatically or with members' permission? No matter, I just cancelled / closed my Elance account (Getting more work anyway via client to contractor [B2B] contacts anyway; that is, without any relationship to freelance sites).

Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
9 of 19

Hi,

The simplest way is just remove from your policies (Odesk and Elance) article saying that until an interview is set no contact or other links (something like that).

Meaning is that whoever has more experience say on Odesk and applies to the job on Elance (or visa versa) let him/her put link of the profile in the job application to the profile for "more experienced" platform. This way either you don't need to implement any sofisticated changes at all or you'll have more time to do that in accurate way.

Believe me, we freelancers, will manage how to introduce ourselves to the potential clients.

Thanks

Ace Contributor
Jennifer H Member Since: Apr 30, 2012
10 of 19

@Valeria I have an inactive profile on Elance, but I like the Connects system there much better since contractors can ask questions about the job before applying and not have to waste Connects. Does this mean my oDesk history will soon be merged there and I can start applying to work on Elance?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS