cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repeated jobs in ODESK and ELANCE

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
11 of 19

People on Elance can bring their profile over here but we can't bring our profiles over there. It's too bad because my profile here is lightyears ahead of my profile on Elance.

I think the company wants to focus on oDesk and once things seem to be running smoothly,  shut everything down and open a new site.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 19

Hi Jennifer,

David is correct. Because we're focusing innovation here, we're not building a similar bridge for duplicating your oDesk profile on Elance. Also, oDesk Team is considering improvements to the application process such as adding a way to ask clarification questions about the job before applying and using connects.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
MG Arfath A Member Since: Jul 17, 2010
13 of 19

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

David is correct. Because we're focusing innovation here, we're not building a similar bridge for duplicating your oDesk profile on Elance. Also, oDesk Team is considering improvements to the application process such as adding a way to ask clarification questions about the job before applying and using connects.

Dear Valeria,

Please provide an option for freelancer to choose whether they want to merge thier oDesk profile with Elance profle. I don't want to merge my oDesk profile with Elance one. I prefer to have them separate on both sites.

Regarding the connects system, please add an extra memebership plan where we can buy extra connects at cheap price (100 connects for $10 or $15) or atleast let us retain connects when the client are non-responsive. I want to see some tweaks done to this present connect system to suit us better.

Thanks a lot.

Arfath

14 of 19

Hi Mg Arfath,

Thank you for your feedback about the Membership plans. We plan to improve and introduce more benefits to the paid plans.

Also, you are certainly welcome to keep your Elance and oDesk profiles separate if you do not wish to merge them.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
MG Arfath A Member Since: Jul 17, 2010
15 of 19

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Mg Arfath,

Thank you for your feedback about the Membership plans. We plan to improve and introduce more benefits to the paid plans.

Also, you are certainly welcome to keep your Elance and oDesk profiles separate if you do not wish to merge them.

Thank you very much for the reply Valeria,

I'm really looking forward to improvements to the paid plans, especially for more connects. 

As freelancer from India I need CC (credit card) to buy memebership using paypal, I want you to add skrill as payment option. Most of the freelancers here don't have CC or paypal account so Skrill will be beneficial.

Thanks

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
16 of 19

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for your replies. Sorry if this has been explained before, but I'm a little confused - if the two platforms/sites will be merged eventually, then won't we HAVE to merge our profiles (if we currently have one on each site)? Do you have an estimated time frame for when the merge will happen?

Thanks

17 of 19

Hi Isabelle Anne,

We do not have an exact date for the transition yet but it will take up to two years. We will keep everyone posted on the progress and share more details soon.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Sasha T Member Since: Apr 30, 2015
18 of 19

Hi. sorry, but i can understand

if i have one account on Odesk, can i create one on Elance with similar mail/nickname for both of them?
thank you

19 of 19

Hi Sasha,

You surely can sign up create a new account on Elance and use similar username and email address as you do on oDesk. oDesk and Elance remain separate platforms.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS