🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » reporting a suspicious client
Page options
s-magee
Community Member

reporting a suspicious client

I was offered an interview via skype, but they never interviewed me. They had me answer a couple "why would you like this job" questions in text, then said I was hired. They told me they were from a company that, when I looked up, sells tobacco but the job posting said it was for a transcript about mindfulness... They started asking for my bank info and to send me a check to buy equipment from "their supplier." They also wanted to pay me separately instead of through upwork. When I said I would only accept work through you and wouldn't give my bank info they stopped responding. I tried to look up how to report them but am not seeing the report feature described. Is it because I already applied?

2 REPLIES 2
elyannie
Community Member

Go to the job posting, there's a link located at the top right, "Flag as Inappropriate" is where you need to go. If the job posting is gone, someone must have already gotten to it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shelby,

Thanks for flagging this job to us and our team. I've checked and the job has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork ToS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths