🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: rip off bid system
Page options
mediashots_video
Community Member

rip off bid system

bid on projects - get charged x4 credits each time, then within minutes they close - i want a refund on those credits - how do i do this? bid on x10 project = 40 credits = all projects closed minutes later.

i wan these credit reimburdsed pls. bit of a joke there is no contact page for support and we all have to have our privacy violated and make public our issues.

please cna somone from upwork take repsonbility and respond. fed up.

13 REPLIES 13
hoyle_editing
Community Member

I find it shocking that you have had 10 projects all close within 10 min of putting a proposal in! Are you sure you havn't reversed the display order in your job feed and are actually bidding on old jobs that are about to expire?

Personally i find most jobs either get contact or they just fade away and never hear anything (either they are abandonded or the client hires someone) but i dont get many 'closed' jobs out of the proposals i submit.

yes it happened. i didnt sort the list of results. but within minutes got notices the projects had closed.

m_terrazas
Community Member

No, they will not return the "connects", even if the job was closed just after submitting the proposal.

They are only returned for specific reasons that you can look for in the help or here the forums.

And, an unsolicited tip (I hope it doesn't seem bad to the mods), you should change your current photo for one of you. And, it would be nice to erase the link to your website in the presentation. It is against TOS.

lysis10
Community Member

Auto Acceptedcel with cartoon avatar demands connects back. What's the high/low on this guy passing video verification?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Toons are people too.

Some of you clearly need to rewatch "Roger Rabbit."

Rene K wrote:

Not gone ... just locked private. But you do have to laugh when looking back to Upwork's claim that all profiles would be verified.  I'm off to draw a caricature of myself ...

'this guy' remarks - not really helpful. 

i only joined on the 8th. put a temp photo up. either way, i didnt ask for a review of my perosnal profile, photo and all the other such comments. though i might stick to an avatar if this is how 'freelancers' feel the need to support the 'community'.

yes, i bid on projects that then closed in minutes.

go away. these type of personal comments and 'predictions' are not in the interests of any public community forum. keep your inciteful comments to yourself. its people like you that give others complexies about posting anything on a community forum. perhaps next time be more helpful directly to the question - instead of inviting everyone to comment on your cleverness.

Paul J wrote:

go away. these type of personal comments and 'predictions' are not in the interests of any public community forum. keep your inciteful comments to yourself. its people like you that give others complexies about posting anything on a community forum. perhaps next time be more helpful directly to the question - instead of inviting everyone to comment on your cleverness.

Tbh, I think introducing yourself to a new forum by accusing the company that supports said forum of sponsoring a "rip off" is probably not the best way to encourage positive and helpful responses. 

But, but, but, Paul, it's OK for you as a rank new member of Upwork to accuse Upwork of ripping off their freelancers?

petra_r
Community Member

Paul J wrote:

i wan these credit reimburdsed pls.

You will only get them back if the client canceled the job post without hiring or Upwork took the job post down for a violation of the terms of service.

Slight correction here-

It's extremely doubtful you'll get them back even when the client/post directly violates the ToU.

I've encountered countless fraudulent posts with clear, indisputable ToU violations which I have then brought to the attention of the "Help" Center (even citing the specific rule they violate), only to be met with complete professional indifference from our dedicated "Help & Support" Center at least 98% of the time.

Good news is you don't really need to take the whole "helping to maintain a safe and thriving online workspace" credo very seriously since the UW "Help" Center certainly does not.

Work smart, work safe!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths