jhonez199

rising talent

Hi, I would like to know why I was removed from my badge to grow talent when there are other freelancers who have done works and still have it

I contacted help upwork, but I was told that the risig talent is for freelancers who do not have work history, but there are already many who have a long history of work and they still have it, I would like to know why they took it from me if I am new In upwork and meresco the same opportunities as the others

11 REPLIES 11
bucky0319

Hi Jose,

Rising talent is for beginners only. Now it's time for you to think about JSS and build an excellent relationship with your client. I believe in building a great relationship with the client instead of thinking about badges and JSS.

Start applying to the relevant jobs and build a great relationship with your clients. Now it's time for you to move further because there are tons of other opportunities for you that are greater than the rising talent.

Thanks.

yitwail

I don't work for Upwork so this is only a guess, but you got a 4.45 rating for your first project and maybe the client didn't give you great private feedback either, so that's probably why you lost the badge, and you shouldn't expect to get it back.

ETA: I will say this, the project had a $300 budget and you only got paid $40. There were 2 other freelancers hired for the same job, and the one who was paid $135, and not even a rising talent, received 5 stars. You got a very bad deal, Jose, but bidding $40 for a $300 fixed price job was not smart. The job did say hiring 3 freelancers, so you should have asked for something closer to $100.

I would like to know how freelancers
as:
Filip Roberto
Ivan E.
Alexandr Li
Paul Inagawa
Tymofii Semeniuk
Among many more have the talents badge with more than one work history and when I ask in Help center upwork, I am told that the badge of rising talent is only for those who have no history in upwork and that from the first contract Is withdrawn, my badge was removed from my profile, the rules are for some or for all? That would seem unfair to all people in upwork since the rules should apply in general for all

Jose, unfortunately, the information you were given by CS is wrong. The badge is not just for people with no work history. And it doesn't get removed after having completed the 1st contract. That's nonsense.

petra_r

Your client wasn't totally happy.

to keep the Rising Talent Badge those important first few jobs must be absolutely successful.

Can a mod please explain how somebody, whose name is "Leonid Mobile Developer", got a Rising Talent badge?

Or how a guy named "Remo Mobile Development" got his?

Or another one with the interesting name of "Development Support"?

"Adam Mobile Development"?

"Alex Mobile Development"?

"Optimal Development Solutions Srl-D"?

They are all Rising Talents.

I will just keep repeating this: that badge is seriously misleading clients because Upwork awards it to everybody and their bot. They don't adhere to the guidelines they keep referring to over and over again.

Put words in a profile - and you're good to go. You don't even need a real name anymore.

Please, clean up the database and get rid of all the people that use skills as first and last names. 

That's an entry-level job.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@Ela K wrote:

Can a mod please explain how somebody, whose name is "Leonid Mobile Developer", got a Rising Talent badge?

Or how a guy named "Remo Mobile Development" got his?

Or another one with the interesting name of "Development Support"?

"Adam Mobile Development"?

"Alex Mobile Development"?

"Optimal Development Solutions Srl-D"?

They are all Rising Talents.

I will just keep repeating this: that badge is seriously misleading clients because Upwork awards it to everybody and their bot. They don't adhere to the guidelines they keep referring to over and over again.

Put words in a profile - and you're good to go. You don't even need a real name anymore.

Please, clean up the database and get rid of all the people that use skills as first and last names. 

That's an entry-level job.

How could you read the complete false second name? Most second names are abbrieved now and so the client cannot see at first glance that Adam M. is an Adam Mobile de Veloper. Only on the clients' profiles the names are now shown completely.

Maybe only 5 freelancers with Android as their name, and none are rising talent. Hope there's no discrimination against androids. Wish C3P0 was a freelancer, he'd be fun to chat with. He'd certainly make one helluva translator. Robot wink

Thanks for sharing these here, Ela. I will share these users with the team so that actions can be taken agains there accounts. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Good work Ela! Keep reporting this kind of people, it is not fair for the rest of us.

carolyngomes

Hi Everyone!

Unfortunately, there was some misinformation regarding the Rising Talent badge and it's cause for removal. It can, and often does, stay on the profile past one job, providing the freelancer continues to meet all of the qualifications listed in this article. If they continue to meet the qualifications, it may be removed in preparation for receiving a Job Success Score, once they have enough history.

~Carolyn
Upwork