🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: room not found
Page options
anthonycorpuz
Community Member

room not found

Hello, I have a new client and I started working on the task. I submitted my work as previously discussed. This morning I tried looking for our chat room to check for my clients feedback and it says "room not found" 

So I opened a new chat but I still couldn't find the previous room.

Can you pls help me out, I need to retrieve the prvious chat because I've written some notes regarding the task.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Anthony,

Could you please share the contract ID of the job you're referring to so I can check? You can find the Contract ID by clicking on the name of the contract and then navigating to the Terms & Settings tab.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
JoanneP

Hi Anthony,

Could you please share the contract ID of the job you're referring to so I can check? You can find the Contract ID by clicking on the name of the contract and then navigating to the Terms & Settings tab.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I just sent you a private message. Thank you so much.

Thanks, Anthony!

I'll go ahead and check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

thank you very much

Hi Joanne, 

I've received an interview invitation from a potential client through Gmail but when I was about to reply, it says room not foud in Upwork.

Hi Claire,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about the job post you're referring to so I can take a closer look? Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b4d3f3b7
Community Member

I've received an interview invitation from a potential client through Gmail but when I was about to reply, it says room not found in Upwork. how I can solve it?

Hi Kateryna,

I have checked your account and I'm sorry to inform you that this job has been removed from Upwork, so we are no longer able to retrieve your proposal. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
242fad73
Community Member

I have the same problem, how to solve it

Hi Agung,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are referring to the job under your 'Active Proposal' tab. I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS. Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
42b57950
Community Member

Hi. I have the same problem.
I received a notification with a potential client with an interview invitation about 9 hours ago. The problem is I was ready to sleep, so when I woke up I decided to check and when I go to my proposal, message room says "room not found".

How can I solve this? I wanna know if the client's still interested in me.

Thank you.

Hi Jose,

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting the message room to speak with your potential client. We've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ghassenl
Community Member

Hi ,  Getting the same problem for a room. No contract has been agreed yet. 

Hi Ghassen,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
037caa9b
Community Member

Hi Andrea, I submitted a proposal today and I received the message notification via Gmail from a client but when I click through it says room not found!

Hi Mohammed,

Unfortunately, it looks like the job post you're referring to has been removed from Upwork.

~Andrea
Upwork
caasilemroh
Community Member

Het Andrea. Any chance I could recieve the same help. I am getting the same problem and I would really like to respond to a potential client

Hi Isaac,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and see that our team had to take action against the job posting you're referring to and the client account in question as they were in violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Isaac,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
2c811564
Community Member

I also have the same issue ma'am just now. The job is still in active but I cant enter the room.

Hi Michaelo,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and found no active contracts. In general, a job is removed when it violated our ToS hence the message room would be removed as well. If you have further questions regarding this contract, please respond with the contract ID number and we'll assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork
d756ebbf
Community Member

I've received an interview invitation from an existing client through Gmail but when I was about to reply, it says room not found in Upwork. how I can solve it?

Hi Praise,

If a job post is no longer available you may receive a notification like this while trying to access it from an invite. If this is an existing client, you may try messaging them in a different room.

~Andrea
Upwork
karadzic_petar
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem with my new client. I got an offer and I have accepted it, and now I am unable to communicate with my new client. Would appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Petar

Hi Petar,

Thank you for your message. I checked the job you are referring to and noticed that your client account has been placed on hold until they respond to our notification. You will be able to communicate with your client as soon as the issue is resolved on the client's account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you Pradeep for the information about the issue!

Best regards,
Petar

anshusoni32
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem with my new client. I got an offer and I start chat suddenly my chat room removed now I can't accept offer. 

Displaying this message "It seems like we ran into an unexpected problem with this offer. Please ask the client to withdraw it and create a new one, or contact"

Please help

Thanks

Hi Anshu,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I checked the job post you were referring to, and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS. When this happens, you will be unable to accept their offer, and their message room will be removed. Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork, and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you'd like to report a violation. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e5f83b4b
Community Member

Hello, I received a message from a client and when I about to reply, it says 'room not found' error. Then it vanished from my messages. 

Please help 🙂

Thanks!

-Jeffry

Hi Jeffry,

Thanks for reaching out. It looks like the job post has already been taken down and the client's account has been actioned. 

We highly suggest reviewing our ToS, reading these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace. Should you also encounter any suspicious user activity again in the future, please send us a flag so the dedicated team can review it and take action as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If that's really the case, then thank you very much for the assistance.

Appreciate it! 

-Jeffry

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members