🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » s c a m be careful hope upwork fix this and p...
Page options
alicefox
Community Member

s c a m be careful hope upwork fix this and punish him

It’s a scam please help with it ! I have more than 4 offers by person which use all these accounts!!! And and threats to block me! Please here is link to Google drive with screenshots! For clearly understanding situation!!!  I also worked for 40 hours and they did not send me payment yet and demanded a refund of $ 73 for inactive windows in the timer!
Be careful! I hope the upwork closes this shop! This person is also impudent and threatens in private messages that he will block my account 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I would be grateful if you file a complaint against him! OR IF SUPPORT HELPS WITH THIS SCAM AND CRAZY !!!!

cloud link : ( will be works 6 days ) 

4 REPLIES 4
alicefox
Community Member

Also he use not his names , locations and avatar photos ! He no have any linked in and alos if try to search photos or nicks they are owners are another peoples from another countries of "popular peoples" and all materials which he pin in proposal are stolen from stoks 

Then this is a scammer, and you won't be getting your money. You shouldn't have needed to look up anything. There were red flags about this job. If you haven't, read through everything in this post.

the-right-writer
Community Member

You need to contact Support. I did look at the screenshots, which will be removed, and it doesn't tell me anything. Did you have an Upwork contract? If not, there is nothing anyone can do because you were scammed. The ad itself looks suspicious. If you had a contract, the client doesn't have to pay you, the funds should be released automatically either through fixed price or tracked hours.

Why is the client threatening to block your messages? If you did the work, the money is released. Did the client have money in escrow and pay you? And now they are demanding or have taken it back? Your profile is set to private, so I can't see what is going on with this job.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Valeriia, 

Thank you for sharing these here. I will forward this to the team so that it can be investigated further. In the future, please don't hesitate to report these suspicious job posts and clients by following the steps here. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members