🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: salary or hourly
Page options
3ctechnologies
Community Member

salary or hourly

one of my project is showing up as salary instead of hourly in transaction history..I just want to know, what is salary vs hourly?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Muhammad U wrote:

.... it is showing my hourly payment to be paid next wednesday which is fine but it shows another transaction for the same contract which i havent even worked for as "salary"..

Yes, as I explained, the client set that up, most probably by accident. Speak to the client IMMEDIATELY because every day it goes on, the amount he'll be charged goes up (one 7th of the weekly salary) and the more it goes up, the more you have to refund.

Muhammad U wrote:

i will get in contact and see if thats the case

No "if" - that's the case.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
robin_hyman
Community Member

Clients can hire on an hourly or fixed-price basis.  Can you be more specific?  Your profile isn't public so I cannot see if it is listed.  

Thanks for the response there..Basicaly, i am hired on a contract on hourly basis and i just reviewed my transactions for that .

.it is showing my hourly payment to be paid next wednesday which is fine but it shows another transaction for the same contract which i havent even worked for as "salary"..So, i am not too sure, why 2 different types of transactions are being shown in my transaction history, when the contract is only hourly..

Attached is the screenshot that might just help understanding it well.

Muhammad U wrote:

.... it is showing my hourly payment to be paid next wednesday which is fine but it shows another transaction for the same contract which i havent even worked for as "salary"..

Yes, as I explained, the client set that up, most probably by accident. Speak to the client IMMEDIATELY because every day it goes on, the amount he'll be charged goes up (one 7th of the weekly salary) and the more it goes up, the more you have to refund.

Muhammad U wrote:

i will get in contact and see if thats the case

No "if" - that's the case.

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad U wrote:

one of my project is showing up as salary instead of hourly in transaction history..I just want to know, what is salary vs hourly?

That means your client has added a weekly salary which is IN ADDITION to the hours logged.

9 out of 10 clients who do this, never meant to do it, the simpply bumbled through the contract creation without paying any attention.
Speak to your client right away and find out if the client MEANT to set the contract up that way or not.

Most didn't.

Robin H wrote:

Clients can hire on an hourly or fixed-price basis.  C

No, they can also add a weekly salary.

It means they went into a hidden sub-menu during the setting up of the contract, added a sum to be paid weekly in addition to any hours logged.

ahh, alright, i will get in contact and see if thats the case

3b6b6662
Community Member

Hi There,

I got the same problem: I am client and was charged A weekly Salary in addition to the hourly payment. How do I get my money back as I never meant to pay this extra fee! 

Please advise. 

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Driss,

The reason why you see charge is because you have added a Recurring Weekly Payment ("Salary") on the contract when you have sent the offer to the freelancer. Salary means that the freelancer will get paid weekly even if they don't track any time. You can check this help article for more information on how to request a refund.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members