cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: saw this in my spam folder, anyone else get this?

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
1 of 8

just an excerpt of the email.  This task would be paying the person (me) $20 to be put in Upwork account it went on to say.....

Hello,

My name is I*** V****and I'm a product manager here at Upwork.com.

We regularly reach out to a selected group of our users to get feedback on existing features and to gather inputs on new features we are developing. And we would love to hear from you!

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 8

It's happened to me three times. I have no idea what it means. But I thought perhaps it was a farmer. I mentioned  this before somewhere in the forum, but now I can't find it. However, I don't think there were any clear answers. Maybe these people really are Upwork managers, if they are perhaps Upwork could enlighten us.

screeler
Community Guru
3 of 8

glad to know that I'm not the only one, thanks Nichola! 

It's just weird that it's in my spam folder though and if it's legit then I've missed out on 20 USD! LOL. 

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
4 of 8

Hi Mariska,

Would you mind PM'ing me the email you received. I will look into this.

Thanks, 

Lena

Untitled
screeler
Community Guru
5 of 8

Sure will Lena! Doing that now. 

screeler
Community Guru
6 of 8

just google searched the image that came along with the spam mail and the pic is definitely in use by a few people so far as i see. this looks to be spam after all. 

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
BEST ANSWER
7 of 8

Hi!

I can confirm that this is not spam and was indeed sent by one of our Product Managers. 

This is valid email. We send out emails to our users from time to time to gain their feedback and insight on our products and features. Helping us to better understand how users use our product, what are the features they would like to have etc. 

-Lena

Untitled

View solution in original post

screeler
Community Guru
8 of 8

well then i missed out on 20 bucks! lol. 

so if this is valid then how come when i googled the picture that was attached to the email it was being used by other people that weren't claiming to be from upwork? 

maybe these surveys from upwork should be done on site because gmail sees these types of email as spam. 

thanks for investigating Lena! 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS