🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » scam job posting
Page options
exxo
Community Member

scam job posting

Could we prevent this fraudulent job advertisement from appearing? It's overwhelming my feed. Is there any action you can take? For instance, could we set up a filter to automatically remove any posts containing the word "telegram"?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

8 REPLIES 8
atlinguist
Community Member

Only if the algorithm learns to recognise variations like "t.e.l.e.g.r.a.m".

It's a simple fix - just use t.me, and it will filter out all the variations every time. They know this.

If filter can set for keywords to search job same way why can't job remove filter at backend side set for telegram word!

NikolaS

Hi Mac Mac,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to let you know that our team was able to locate the job and it is already removed. I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, I will share your post with our team for further review. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
exxo
Community Member

Hello,

What I mean by flooding is that they post every day and they keep coming back. Is there a way you can fix this?

Thank you for following up and sharing more examples, Mac Mac. 

I assure you that I shared your report and the examples you provided with our team for further review. They are already looking into this. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
8d920ed6
Community Member

I got fake job interview today.

1---**Edited for Community Guidelines**.  The proposal was from **Edited for Community Guidelines**and he sent this text----

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 11:24 PM

Are you still available for this Project ? what is your Skype user id ? or add Skyp **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I told him I will report him to upwork and he closed the job as not available.

His skype name is**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please new freelancers , beware.

This was our chat in skype:

Company info

My name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**one of Personnel Director of one**Edited for Community Guidelines**
I will be the one to brief you about the project and the Company. Nice to meet you

ME---Good morning
I just went through the company info. We can chat when you are available Thanks. .

Scammer-- Okay I am going to ask you few questions relating to your background and qualifications now and your swift answers will be needed. once done with your answers, simply write (DONE)
The time frame for this questions is 15 minutes after received.

Please fill out all of the sections below:

SECTION 1

Applicant Name:

Address:

City, State and Zip Code:

Telephone Number:

Email Address:

Date of Application:

Position(s) applying for:

How did you hear about this position?

On what date can you start working it you are hired?

Are you a U.S. citizen or approved to work in the United States?

What document can you provide as proof of citizenship or legal status?

Please list below the skills and qualifications you possess for the position for which you are applying:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

(NOTE: Complies with the ADA and considers reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions)

ME---11:42 AM
What about the Resume i sent?
11:56 AM
ME--I just contacted Upwork community and they say it is a scam. No contract is done outside of Upwork. I will report you to
BBB scam tracker and upwork.

Scammer---

Lan, 12:20 PM
lolzz

What is your problem ?

The job posting is no longer in upwork.

Proposal--- 3D game tester
The interview went like this: Part B

**Edited for community guidelines**

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members