cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam

Sara P Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
1 of 5

please be advised that the editing job posted by **Edited for Community Guidelines** is a scam. When I got suspicious I contacted the company through their website, whereon they confirmed **Edited for Community Guidelines** did not work for them.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

Sara,

You felt suspicious about a job posting, and you contacted the company who a "client" claimed to work for and confirmed that the "client" does not actually work for them.

Very impressive work! Congratulations on spotting a scammer and exposing him.

I am certain that you already used the oDesk "flagging" system flag the job posting so that oDesk job posting checkers can remove it and sanction the "client."

That is the kind of helpful proactive initiative that makes oDesk better for all of us. Thank you!

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 5

Hi Sara,

Thanks for the heads-up. Please use the "Flag as inappropriate" link on any job post or user's profile to put in front of us for review. Policy violations are the most direct way to have oDesk review suspicious job posts/Clients and take appropriate action, in some cases removing them from the site altogether.

I edited your post, as we do not allow posting information about specific member or job posting violations in the Community.

Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
4 of 5

Yep, I do the same.

If a company claims to be legit, but something doesn't sit right with me, I'll contact the recruitment/HR dept of that company.

Soon sorts the problem out.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
5 of 5

The scammers are getting more clever. I had a job invite this morning which I knew right away they changed everything except the job description to now ask me to contact on google hangouts or yahoo messenger. Same name I was to contact in the past. 

And oDesk really needs to get it's recommend to client freelancers right or the scammer does. It was looking for someone in Western Europe. I am not in Western Europe. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS