🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: scammers are cloning legitimate job posts
Page options
00137e0a
Community Member

scammers are cloning legitimate job posts

Have you ever thought, "I think I've seen or applied for this job before"?

I've had this feeling before, many times, but today I was finally able to put two and two together.

If you look at the attachments, you'll notice that the first one is a real job from a "payment method verified" client from the United Arab Emirates with Upwork history.

Number two appears to be identical: Same copy, same rates, but from a "payment method not verified" **Edited for Community Guidelines** client with no Upwork history.

I'm not sure what this is about, but I'm guessing it's either part of a connects farming scheme, in which a group of organized freelancers bid on each other's jobs to earn those 10 free connects from interviews, or one of those standard telegram scams.

My point is that it's becoming increasingly difficult to distinguish between legitimate and bogus job postings, so it's best to avoid wasting time and connects by applying to "payment method not verified" jobs.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
roberty1y
Community Member

I once replied to a cloned posting, and it turned out they were trying to scam me. So it could be just a scammer who wants to look authentic. 

You are right 🙂

AndreaG

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I've gathered the information included in your post and shared it with the team for review.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members