🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » sending an invoice to upwork (specific email?...
Page options
dmitryupwork
Community Member

sending an invoice to upwork (specific email?)

Hello.

I've received the payment and must send an invoice to the Upwork (not the client), so is there a specific email address for that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dmitry

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

you don't send invoices to Upwork because Upwork didn't hire you

thanks for the answer, but in a situation where I've accumulated some payments from multiple cliends and then withdrawn them it will be only one payment displayed in my local bank account and therefor it must be one invoice created and one organization specified

I'm thinking upwork as a mediator service, so I can send them invoice, please, correct me if I'm wrong

It just doesn't work like that.

If it is a compliance requirement from your bank, I recommend you ask someone who knows accounting.

thanks for the reply

I'm not sure what do you mean by "It just doesn't work like that", afaik clients would receive invoices from upwork and the need for me sending invoice to upwork (who is listed as a payer) is clearly dictated by a russian law.

What I'm trying to say: if for tax employee transaction will look questionable, it doesn't matter if it's compliant with other standards.

Dmitrii K wrote:

I'm not sure what do you mean by "It just doesn't work like that", afaik clients would receive invoices from upwork

He means that it DOESN'T work like that. That would imply that you worked for Upwork and Upwork paid you, which is wrong! And the invoices to the client are from you, not from Upwork.  You can download them on your transaction history either in bulk, or by clicking on the green Ref ID link on the right.

thanks for putting time and effort answering, it helps

"That would imply that you worked for Upwork and Upwork paid you"

yes, that is what it looks like if you would check my bank account

"invoices to the client are from you, not from Upwork. You can download them"

I know, but there are some things to consider: 1) the date is wrong, it must be the date of the transaction to my local bank 2) my tax number is not shown

topic can be closed or deleted, thanks for all replies

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members