🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » setting company data and VAT
Page options
imadacsy
Community Member

setting company data and VAT

Hello. I'm employed by my own company and i want to work as freelancer legally according to the romanian law. I copied exactly the data from VIES to My profile (legal name, adress). I set my company VAT number in My profile, but isn't approved. Please step-by-step guidance to set my company datas (name, VAT number, adress, etc) in My profile in order to be able to correctly account for the collaboration with Upwork according to the Romanian financial legislation.Best regards Madacsy Istvan Attila

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Istvan, 

In this help article, it listed the reasons why your VAT number could have been declined: 

• The country on VAT ID doesn’t match the country on your Upwork profile
  • The name on VAT ID doesn’t match the name on your Upwork profile
  • Your VAT ID is expired
  • Your VAT information was entered in an invalid format (check correct format for your country)

Please make sure that you are entering your VAT number correctly when entering your VAT information. Kindly refer to the help article for more information about VAT. 

~ Avery
Upwork
imadacsy
Community Member

Hi Avery,

after copying my VAT number datas from VIES into Tax information, i receive a new e-mail regarding my company VAT number. "We are reaching out because we could not verify the taxpayer information you submitted. ...." Attached you will find the VIES confirmation regarding my company VAT number. 

I return with the request to guide me step by step regarding the completion of the VAT data in "Tax information" section in my profile. do I have to fill out the W-8BEN form? If yes, where do I download this form from? Best regards Istvan

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Istvan, 

Yes, you will need to fill out the Form W-8BEN. You can access this form by visiting this page in your account. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you're not a U.S. taxpayer. Please update this form with your legal name and address that matches your Upwork account. 

As for your VAT information, a member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths