🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » several proposals submitted but not a single ...
Page options
bc94f1cf
Community Member

several proposals submitted but not a single view? what we can do?

i am contract attorney , have submitted several proposals in the last week and so but didint got a single view on a single proposal?whats wrong with the alogrithm? where should we newbi freelancers on upwork should go? isnt it discrimination with us?do we have some rights here on upwork? except submitting propoals which are hidden by the alogrthm and the are not even viewed? its loss of our valueable connets too...need kind attention ,feeling demotivated😣

6 REPLIES 6
bc94f1cf
Community Member

i am a contracts attorney and i have submitted several great proposals in the last week but not a single was viewed? reason? what we can do for that? feeling anxious😕

759e32fa

Hi syed,

Thank you for reaching out. I would like to confirm that there's nothing wrong with the algorithm. Your proposals were received by the clients but please note that we are not privy to why clients do not view all proposals.

You may want to try creating Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

We also highly encourage you to continue to work to become a Top-Rated or Top Rated Plus Freelancer once you get enough recent work history. Having these badges in your profile will increase your invite and hire rate.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork

i will try the project catalogs option and hoping to be Top Rated plus in the next six months

martina_plaschka
Community Member

There is no algorithm that hides your proposals. You send it, the client receives it, the client decides if he opens it or not. That's all there is to it. 

Discrimination is a big word, but is it really appropriate in the context? 

mam i may be wrong but what do you think several connects for boosting a proposal creates?

It creates an order in which proposals are shown, specifically for the first three spaces. It still does not hide any proposals. 

Now the bidding - I don't think any serious client will only look at the first three freelancers, in fact, some clients might skip them immediately because they feel they want to make an informed decision themselves. I don't believe that there is a single client who only looks at the first three and hires one of them. Do you believe that to be true?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members