🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » sharing contact number after the contract wit...
Page options
adi_6294
Community Member

sharing contact number after the contract with a client

i want to know if it is ok to share my mobile no with client after she has hire me or contracted me

as we want to discuss requirements smoothly

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alinoshad
Community Member

Hello Adeel, 

I talked to an Upwork Customer Support agent recently about this and they guided me that it is okay to share once you are in an active contract. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
e395c954
Community Member

Hello,

It is against the Upwork Terms of Service to request or share contact number, Please don't do this. You may suspended for this reason. Sharing Information on Upwork

Thanks

That is not true. 

You can once you are in an active contract with your client

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

Once you have a contract set up on Upwork, you and your client can exchange contact information and communicate through a third-party software/app that is most convenient for both of you. However, I suggest that you recap all critical notes and discussions through your Message room with the client. This ensures that the teams involved can quickly go through your conversations if a misunderstanding or issue happens. 

~ Avery
Upwork
adi_6294
Community Member

I have instructed my client to start contract then only i can give my contact no to contact as it is not possible to remain online all the time. but i am afraid i did wrong. I dont know

Also i googled it and it says on upwork you can share contact details after contract has started

alinoshad
Community Member

Hello Adeel, 

I talked to an Upwork Customer Support agent recently about this and they guided me that it is okay to share once you are in an active contract. 

Thanks for confirming.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths