🐈 Community
rahulxyz

should i need to join a agency as a non exclusive freelancer

Hi,

Can you please confirm me that should i need to join a agency as a non exclusive freelancer. And also confirm me about the advantages/disadvantages about join the agencies. 

Thanks

Sudhir

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aocumen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sudhir, 

Please know that as an exclusive agency freelancer, you will not be able to bid on projects as a sole freelancer. All your projects will go through the agency. If you are a non-exclusive freelancer, you should be able to bid both as an agency member, and as a freelancer. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
aocumen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sudhir, 

Please know that as an exclusive agency freelancer, you will not be able to bid on projects as a sole freelancer. All your projects will go through the agency. If you are a non-exclusive freelancer, you should be able to bid both as an agency member, and as a freelancer. 

~ Avery
Upwork

You do have over 70 jobs in progress, some dating back to 2014. If I were a client, that would look weird to me. I am always wondering why that happens. Any particular reason for that?

It might turn off a client, they might either think you are actually still working on them, and have no time, or are not working on them, and wonder about the reason why they are not closed. Closed jobs will give you feedback, which is a marketing tool, why are you not using that?