🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » slow customers
Page options
mario-palermo
Community Member

slow customers

I thought that giving a faster service would be appreciated, but I notice a slowness and a laziness out of the ordinary by my customers, whether they are Web Agency and Software house, or whether they are end customers.

It takes a long time to conclude a negotiation, also to update the work, to pay, in short, for everything.

Does it happen to you too?

How to speed up these processes?

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

web agencies and software houses are just sweatshops for poop-tier web development. avoid.

petra_r
Community Member

Mario P wrote:

Does it happen to you too?

Nope. Not often.

Clients who make me wait go on my "Won't work with again" list. Most of my clients are great.

Mario P wrote:

How to speed up these processes?

Pick higher quality clients.

I also have large companies, they are too slow, my earnings slow down, I do not think it is a problem of better or worse customers.

Maybe I'm addressing the wrong target, too many mediators, too many communications that come from third parties.

This slows down the procedures

tlsanders
Community Member

Not often, but sometimes. I do nothing at all to try to move things along.  I tell the client/prospective client what i need to proceed and how much notice I'll need when they're ready to move forward and go on with my life.

Partly, that's just about retaining control of my calendar. There's no waiting. Someone is either slotted in or they're not.

Partly, though, it's because I recognize that one common reason for hiring freelancers is that the client is so busy/overwhelmed he can't find time to pour a cup of coffee or use the restroom. In that situation, even though it may be to his advantage to get the freelance work rolling, putting out fires may keep taking center stage. That may not be a client you want to work with, since responsiveness isn't likely to change, but don't assume it's laziness. It's likely that the client has a lot of competing demands and getting this project started or moved forward isn't even on the first page of the list.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths