» Forums » Freelancers » some people are looking to buy upwork profile
Page options
pragneshc
Community Member

some people are looking to buy upwork profile

I have just found one post on freelancer.com with below discription

"

Hi all,

I am looking for one or two Upwork profile with 5 *rating and 91+ job success rate, if any one interested to sell it please let me know price and link of profile. Thanks

"

How upwork will stop such things?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

lol yeah, they do it on blackhatworld too. Some idiot posted his profile on bhw asking to buy reviews. I reported it to Upwork because the guy posted his profile like an idiot and nothing happened. I even got an infraction for telling him that I'm reporting him for ruining the platform! lol Cuz the mod there sells reviews to these scumbags.

it's frustrating, because these losers are what give us a bad name.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lysis10
Community Member

lol yeah, they do it on blackhatworld too. Some idiot posted his profile on bhw asking to buy reviews. I reported it to Upwork because the guy posted his profile like an idiot and nothing happened. I even got an infraction for telling him that I'm reporting him for ruining the platform! lol Cuz the mod there sells reviews to these scumbags.

it's frustrating, because these losers are what give us a bad name.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

Please report this and similar incidents you come across to our Customer Support team or send me a pm, so we can take action and remove the infringing content.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vlad, I did. I sent a support ticket IIRC. Linked them to the forum thread too.

elim3136
Community Member

No they don't. They literally don't drive you at all. They don't even give themselves a bad name. The people that want to work with them, work with them. For you, my guess is, you care to much. If you want my advice, and I'm not saying you do, but if you're asking for my advice it would be too choose to care less or care more. At the very least, be consistent. That's what I'm striving for. Again, you don't have to take my advice. It's just my opinion.
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pragnesh,

Thank you for the heads-up, we'll take proper steps and make sure this violation is addressed.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
m_riaz_khan
Community Member

They are just scammers to stole Upwork profiles of others. They first ask for an Upwork profile to buy or on rent. When someone will send his account detail, they will change everything. And you lost the account. I always advise my friends to keep away from such people.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths