cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: sort by price option

Ace Contributor
Michele P Member Since: Mar 2, 2016
1 of 10

Does anyone else wish that there was still the sort by price option on Upwork?

Just wondering if I'm the lone ranger on this one.

Another thing, I  think it would be nice is if we had a community discussion topic in this forum that might appeal to both freelancers & clients. 

I know - I hear you - just check both feeds you say

Just me being me - always wanting to get to everything but limited to only 24 hours in a day

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 10

Hi Michelle, 

Unfortunately, we still do not have an option to sort your search results by price.I don't know it's different from what you wanted but I would like to point out that you should be able to filter your search result based on the budget. 

Regarding your suggestion on having a board for freelancers or clients? What topics are you suggesting will be included there?

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 1.13.50 PM.png

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Michele P Member Since: Mar 2, 2016
3 of 10

@Avery O

I was talking about the way results are displayed in the list - being able to sort projects open for bid by budget, rating, date listed, as well as relevancy 

Brian D Member Since: Jan 12, 2019
4 of 10

Sounds like a marketing decision to me - like ad pages in a magazine that breaks up the content, forcing the reader to look at ads. Here we are forced to look at all the results with a range of hourly rates. I am sure the IT people could script a sort function in no time. Forcing us to look through more prospects than we want means some of the candidates will see more views. 

David F Member Since: Apr 9, 2019
5 of 10

Hello Avery - this is presumably a reqeusted option from many people.

I wouled appreciate you asking of the DEV and product management team whether this issue will every be fixed, or whether the inability to sort by price or to have fine grained control over rate amounts in the search is "by design".

A simple "fixed soon" or "by design" answer would be appreciated, rather than some vague words that fail to answer with one of the above two answers. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 10

Hi David,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we'll forward it to our team for further consideration. 

David F Member Since: Apr 9, 2019
7 of 10

Thanks Vladimir.  I typed this in haste on a mobile and didn't notice the many and varied spelling errors. 

I've now noticed it's impossible to edit or delete (to retype) these comments.  I'd very much appreciate knowing why that's impossible?

So I now have another request and I believe a fairly simple one: can I edit comments please.  I'm presently typing this into an advanced text edit box with rich text, HTML and preview modes - yet I'm not able to edit or delete my comment once "submit" is pressed.  For some reason the comment editor is high quality yet the comment edit function is missing??  Frankly this seems both concerning from a spelling / accuracy standpoint and also disconcerting that normal expected functionality that's freely available is missing.  If the lack of edit functionality is by design there appears to be a significant level of arrogance behind that decision.

You mention that you'll "forward to the team" - however that doesn't actually answer the question. It's exactly the vague hazy "sometime maybe" type answer that I'd requested NOT to receive. 

I'd far prefer a clear "it's by design" answer from the team rather than your answer of "I'll forward it".  Your answer provides no assurances whatsoever that the product team will in any way answer the question that I posed.   Again : I'd appreciate an answer regarding the two search results functions:

• Sort by hourly rate
  • Fine grained hour rate range

Again: a clear answer of "by design" or "these functions will be offered by (approximate date)" is my request.  In short: clarity rather than the current answers that have been given would be appreciated.

My sense is that this is currently by design and the product team will do nothing.  If so, I would simply request that this is be made clear.

Lucy T Member Since: Nov 1, 2017
8 of 10

I 100% agree! As a writer, there should be a way for me to sort prices on a per word basis. 

I am tired of looking through tons of offers and have them want 4000 words for 0.2 cents a word, and occasionally find someone generous enough to pay 2 cents per word. It's obnoxious.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
9 of 10

I don't think this would be helpful at all, since so many client have no idea of the value of a project.

Lucy, how would sorting on a per-word basis help you when such a large percentage of clients (and most of the decent-paying ones) don't even employ per-word rates?

Laura N Member Since: Jul 19, 2018
10 of 10

For development companies a sorting by price per hour will help a lot. The price ranges are to wide, there is a big difference between 10-30 $ per hour. So I think a lot of people will want to be able to have this kind of sorting.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS