cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status "in review."

Richard D Member Since: Jan 2, 2011
1 of 17
Under my transaction history, a contract payment from an hourly rate posts a status of "in review." I have never seen that before. Normally, it's pending or posted. Can anyone tell me what this means? Thank you.
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 17
Hi Richard, Status "In Review" for hourly contracts means that this week your client can review your logs from last week and if they see anything that doesn't relate to the assignment, they can dispute it. On Saturday, you will see the funds as "Pending" which means that after a 6-day security period it will become available for you to withdraw your earnings. Here is more information about the work week and pay schedule. Let us know if you have further questions.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Richard D Member Since: Jan 2, 2011
3 of 17
Thank you, Valeria.
Jamie L Member Since: Apr 13, 2017
4 of 17

Hi, 

Thanks for the helpful information. Just to clarify, it stays "In Review" for a week and then automatically changes to "Pending" on Saturday. 

Kind Regards,

Jamie

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 17

Jamie,

The payment shows In Review from Monday 12 noon UTC until Friday at 23:59 UTC. It's followed by the 5-day security period after which the funds become available to the freelancer on Wednesday.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Sagar M Member Since: Sep 8, 2017
6 of 17

Hi, 

i finished job and send demo link to client , then he says it looks perfect .. then i send all files to him. from that day he is not avialble.. so i just waited for 2 weeks and then i closed job from my side and sent files to him again. Now that fixed price amount is showing  "In Review". client is not approving nor denieng. So what do i do? when can i get that funds? 

thanks

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
7 of 17

@Sagar M wrote:

Hi, 

i finished job and send demo link to client , then he says it looks perfect .. then i send all files to him. from that day he is not avialble.. so i just waited for 2 weeks and then i closed job from my side and sent files to him again. Now that fixed price amount is showing  "In Review". client is not approving nor denieng. So what do i do? when can i get that funds? 

thanks

You closed the job before you got approved OR Paid?? I hope I read that wrong, because if you really did CLOSE the job, your not going to get paid for it.

Sometimes, clients get very, very busy. If I had a fixed-price contract that was in the "approval" phase, I'd wait longer then two weeks. Not saying that's a reasonable thing to have to do, but it beats "not getting paid".

8 of 17

Hi Pandora H,

thanks for the Answer, Yes Client not yet approved my Job, Bue funds are showing in "In Review" Status. 

Well anyway i got the sloution from upwork team. Thanks again.

have a good daY

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 17

Hi Sagar, 

I checked the contract you are referring to and can see that the contract you are referring to has the milestone funded. Since you submitted work 9 days ago, the money in escrow should "move" to your "Pending" (Reports > Overview) tab after 5 days if the client doesn't respond and request for a revision of the submitted work. 

-Avery
Untitled
10 of 17

thanks for the answer Avery, have a good day

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS