cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status "in review."

kristoffer j Member Since: Dec 5, 2018
11 of 17

Hi I have finished the work 11/26/2018 the client approved and ended the contract but until now the payment is still in review. Its past the 6 day security period. Do I have to contact my client? Thank you

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
12 of 17

Hi Kristoffer, 

I checked your account and can see that the money was released on 1-December, UTC. And this will go through the 5-day security period, and will be made available on 6-December, UTC. If the money doesn't reflect on your account 24-hours after 6-December, you can come back here so that we can assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Ahmet O Member Since: Apr 6, 2020
13 of 17

Hi,

Is it a new thing for the hourly jobs? Because, I did 2 hours job in last monday and it says, I will get paid in 15april. Thats a huge gap between job and payment.

We continued with fixed job with client and I already took my money for fixed one.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
14 of 17

Hi Ahmet,

It takes about 2 weeks for payments to be processed on an hourly contract. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account. 

You can find more information about the schedule to release hourly payments here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Afik Ahmed P Member Since: Oct 1, 2020
15 of 17

Hello,
A company gave me a contract for hourly payment. I worked for his project almost 11hr . It was almost completed. I did all the mentioned task and the client were very satisfied with my task. But the client told me he don't want this work anymore. He'll find someone else for this project and the contract room also showing I worked for 0 hr. I didn't received any payment from the client. So what I can do?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 17

Afik Ahmed P wrote:
 the contract room also showing I worked for 0 hr. I didn't received any payment from the client. 

Did you not track your time with the Upwork tracker? Or at least add manual time? How did you expect to get paid? 

It looks like you did track or log 11 hours and the client has been charged, after which you called him a scammer and a fraud, complete with swearing, when this is not the case.

You'll likely find the money in the https://www.upwork.com/ab/reports/in-review tab of your Reports.

Afik Ahmed P wrote:
So what I can do?

You can learn how payments are processed for hourly contracts, and you MUST learn how to react to clients and feedback in an appropriate and professional manner. Behaviour like you displayed in your response to the feedback will warn other clients not to hire you.

Combined with the appallingly bad feedback you got on both your contracts, you have likely made yourself unhireable.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
17 of 17

Hi Afik Ahmed,

Petra is right. The hours you logged are currently in review. Please check out the link that Petra shared with you for more information.

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS