🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: stay away of recent fake job (that's tryi...
Page options
arminzrb
Community Member

stay away of recent fake job (that's trying to increase website views and better ranking?)

Hey guys, recently, I've been seeing these job postings that require you to visit the website for a job description, and it doesn't lead anywhere, just an empty page on a legit website. It's the second time I've seen this, and they post 3 different job postings each time. Here are their latest three posts leading to the same page, and each has about 50 proposals with freelancers wasting their connects.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Armin,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing this. Our teams are working to address the situation around scam and spam jobs, including higher than usual volumes of scam posts, constantly changing methods of scam accounts and gaps in user education around Upwork TOS and safety. Additionally, I assure you that we'll continue sharing users' feedback with the team and providing updates to the Community about the team's initiatives. Feel free to check an update in this post for more information about the team's efforts around addressing these issues.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
paywell
Community Member

Correction:

They had like 80 posted jobs on Saturday, yesterday it was about 90, and today it's 121. 

Just input the link into your Upwork Job search. 

I have flagged them all, two days in a row, so Upwork moderators should be on their case in no time... Any second now... 

grendon
Community Member

I have flagged them all, two days in a row, so Upwork moderators should be on their case in no time... Any second now... 

😂😅

No, I mean, I'm sure they will. 

Just like they did with a translation job I reported, where the company asked you in the chat to translate a "test" text of almost 300 words. After 5 days , the job was still active, receiving plenty of proposals and "interviewing" a lot of freelancers and no hires. Hopefully most of them didn't translate the "test" text. 

Pavlo L wrote:

Lol 😂

Nichola, we should organise an army of scam flaggers to make sure Upwork ends up noticing our action 😆

Pavlo, I did too. Last week-end was my good deed week-end. I didn't count how many job posts I flagged but it was exhausting.

I'm sort of giving up today. I'm busy, and besides, if new freelancers can't read all the information about how to stay away from scams, they'll have to learn the hard way.

Good job on your flagging effort!

I believe there must have been a breakthrough, because I have started noticing a popup in chats (with clients who I don't have a contract with yet), containing a link to the March 2022 blog post on scams. 

So, if an inexperienced person should propose to a scammer - he/she will be warned. 

759e32fa

Hi Armin,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing this. Our teams are working to address the situation around scam and spam jobs, including higher than usual volumes of scam posts, constantly changing methods of scam accounts and gaps in user education around Upwork TOS and safety. Additionally, I assure you that we'll continue sharing users' feedback with the team and providing updates to the Community about the team's initiatives. Feel free to check an update in this post for more information about the team's efforts around addressing these issues.

~ AJ
Upwork

It's been a few days now, and I still see at least one job posting from them every day. They haven't changed the URL so why doesn't Upwork check that URL?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Also if the link is to Upwork I don't think it needs to be removed.

Hi Armin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team to investigate and take action based on our internal processes. In the future, feel free to use "Flag as Inappropriate" option throughout the site to report any suspicious activity.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
paywell
Community Member

Thank you for your continuous effort.

Upwork moderators should be on their case shortly... Any minute now... 

Pavlo, I'm going to send you something by PM. It's not the link to the video you heard about, I'm sending you the link to an even better video, you deserve it.

Thank you very much, it was a blast!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths