🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » success rate
Page options
longstevie
Community Member

success rate

client hired me to help put creative things in order-- gave me 4 things. I could have done it in 10 seconds--- told them i didn't want to bill them my hourly rate for such a simple task, but if they had more items i could help sort and expand on them-- they replied "oh cool thx for your honesty" and i never heard from them again--- do i cancel the contract? and does this effect my 'success' rate? kinda frustrated i did the ethical thing and i don't know how to close the book on it without it working against my success percentage.

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Stevie:

If you had a fixed-price contract, and you fulfilled the agreed-upon task for that contract, then you should submit the work and click the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button.

No matter how little time it took to accomplish the task.

If you had an hourly contract, then you should have logged time while performing the task.

If you have logged at least 10 minutes on an hourly contract, then closing the contract at this point will NOT HURT your Job Success Score.

If you close a job without logging ANY TIME AT ALL, and if the client pays you nothing at all, then yes... this would count as a zero-pay contract which CAN hurt your JSS.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Stevie L wrote:

client hired me to help put creative things in order-- gave me 4 things. I could have done it in 10 seconds--- told them i didn't want to bill them my hourly rate for such a simple task, but if they had more items i could help sort and expand on them-- they replied "oh cool thx for your honesty" and i never heard from them again--- do i cancel the contract? and does this effect my 'success' rate? kinda frustrated i did the ethical thing and i don't know how to close the book on it without it working against my success percentage.

To avoid that, always have a look at the files or other material before you accept a contract, so you would have performed the task without a contract and no harm done. 

tlbp
Community Member

When you have a fixed contract, you can always submit a request for less than the milestone. Unfortunately for you in this case, once a contract is opened, anything that happens will affect your performance metrics. So, a contract with no money paid may have an impact regardless of the reason no money was paid. If the client is gone, they won't leave you bad feedback when you close it. (So, that's better than a no money paid contract that the client closes and leaves bad feedback for.) 

Learn from the experience and bounce back. 

mthornton-cpc
Community Member

Stevie, this is unrelated and unsolicited advice, but if you have a version of your profile photo that doesn't have the Getty Images watermark you might want to swap it out. 

Melissa T wrote:

Stevie, this is unrelated and unsolicited advice, but if you have a version of your profile photo that doesn't have the Getty Images watermark you might want to swap it out. 

Getty Images have no sense of humor when it comes to unlicenced use of their stuff, even by the genuine

subject of the photo as is the case here. They very aggressively trawl the web and sue the living daylights out of people...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members