🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » suffering to be Hired For first time
Page options
31e39b55
Community Member

suffering to be Hired For first time

am suffering to be Hired for first time, since when am joining Upwork.! what i can i do?😭

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_samuel_udokpok
Community Member

I usually called it "Freshman Experience." 

Depending on your area of specialization, I think a good and convincing Portfolio(s) and a well-carved Proposal will put you among the equals. Although sometimes clients would prefer freelancers with proven experience in the platform. But you can still get your way to the top with your profile and proposal. 

Avail yourself some time and attend Upwork webinars such as "How to write a killer proposal". The webinar helped me a lot when I started freelancing. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_samuel_udokpok
Community Member

I usually called it "Freshman Experience." 

Depending on your area of specialization, I think a good and convincing Portfolio(s) and a well-carved Proposal will put you among the equals. Although sometimes clients would prefer freelancers with proven experience in the platform. But you can still get your way to the top with your profile and proposal. 

Avail yourself some time and attend Upwork webinars such as "How to write a killer proposal". The webinar helped me a lot when I started freelancing. 

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Getting that first gig is always tough for anyone. But the good news is that work leads to more work, so don’t give up. And just my opinion, but you might want to make your profile less prose and more bullet point oriented. You have a lot of valuable skills so just let clients see them quickly and easily instead of having to find them buried in a bunch a paragraphs.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths