Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: suspicious client

jackobson-nacer
Nacer J Member Since: Sep 16, 2016
1 of 9

Hello everybody,

Yesterday I submitted a proposal for a job, the customer replied and said that I was the right person for it, the only problem is that I was redirected to another freelance platform !!!

1_ he has the right to recruit me out of Upwork?
2_ if allowed, I would like to know if anyone would have a review on **Edited for Community Guidelines**
3_ I believe that it is not allowed by Upwork, should I inform them?

thank for your reading,
Nacer
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 9

Think about it for a second. Upwork makes its money by taking a commission from payments. Do you think they'd be OK if you got paid elsewhere?

You better make it clear in the message room that you're not up for something like that. 

View solution in original post

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 9

Hi Nacer,

You are correct, this is not allowed as a prospective client needs to hire and pay you through Upwork, unless they pay the opt-out fee. This violation is known as disintermediation and I've reported the client to our team. Please reports similar requests to Customer Support and provide appropriate screenshots, so our team can take action.

Please note that you should start working only after your client verifies their payment method, you have an active contract under your My Jobs tab and the contract is covered by the appropriate Upwork Payment protection program.

Please take a look at our ToS and check the list of safety tips we've shared here.

Untitled
jackobson-nacer
Nacer J Member Since: Sep 16, 2016
4 of 9

Thank you, I will report it immediately to the  customer support.

vladag
Community Manager
5 of 9

Hi Nacer,

This job post has been already removed following my report. Thanks for posting your questions in the Community and please do report any future request to Customer Support.

Untitled
videospektr
Anton L Member Since: Mar 7, 2017
6 of 9

Hello! 

I think it's suspicious to ask freelancer to get private information about third persons. 

Please read my conversation with **Edited for Community Guidelines**. 

vladag
Community Manager
7 of 9

Hi Anton,

Thanks for sharing the details, I'll ask our team to review and take appropriate acton if a violation is confirmed.

Untitled
videospektr
Anton L Member Since: Mar 7, 2017
8 of 9

How I can contact support privatly? without posting in free-to-view discussion?

vladag
Community Manager
9 of 9

Hi Anton,

Please click on the question mark icon > Help and Support > Get Help button > submit a support request after making an appropriate selection.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS