🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » system saying my timelog ready for review
Page options
kerempg
Community Member

system saying my timelog ready for review

with my contract, i have taken the needed money, but still Upwork system says: "Your weekly timelog is ready for review". No need for further payment which is in pending and review.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

but to be able to delete it, i should know for which dates I am paid.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karem,

After the billing period ends, freelancers have a few hours to look over their Work Diary to make any final adjustments. The freelancer review period runs Monday from 00:00 midnight to 11:59 a.m. UTC. As you already logged hours last week, the notification will show on your account and an email will be sent as well. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear Alexander,

Please, can you look into my account. After taking money related project, I dont want to take any more. i see that in the timelog there is more money coming to me.

if you cant do it, please, explain me, by order, in an explanatory way, exactly how to do it?

Hi Karem,

1) I’m not sure what you mean. But if you would like to send a refund for the hours you logged on your contracts, you can do so by following the steps in this help article.

2) You will be asked to leave feedback for your client and the contract will be closed. Feel free to check out this help article for more information.

Thank you.
~ Aleksandar
Upwork

The money that i took previously is OK. However, I dont want to take the money (pending) that will come in the future.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kerem,

If your client has been already charged then yes, you will need to issue a refund by following the steps in the help article you`ve shared in your post. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

but to be able to delete it, i should know for which dates I am paid.

kerempg
Community Member

The needed amount is transferred and more coming which is not needed.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kerem,

Unfortunately, you can't edit your work diary once the week has ended, you can edit/delete time only in the current week.
Now you will be able to issue a refund once the earnings have become available to you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

is there a way to cancel a pending pay?

kerempg
Community Member

is there any other way around?

kerempg
Community Member

I am about to end the contact.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kerem,

Just to clarify, you would like to issue a refund to your client for the additional charges, correct? If yes,  you will be able to issue a refund to your client once the earnings become available on your account.
Your client also can dispute your hours from last week until this Friday. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

so as a solution

1) i have ended the contract.

2) when you say "your client was already charged." do you mean the money that I have taken previously. or do you mean any other amount? if any other amount, how much?

kerempg
Community Member

your system has deficits because pending pay can not be canceled by Upwork as an authority.

petra_r
Community Member

Kerem P wrote:

Just to ensure once more: these pendings seen on

MUST HAVE A WAY TO CANCEL by my side as a freelancer.

You can't cancel them, the client has already paid them. But you CAN refund them - just follow the steps I shared before.

It is NOT correct that you have to wait until they become available either. You can refund them now!

petra_r
Community Member

Kerem P wrote:

so ok, I am about to end the contact. is that a way?

Kerem, do NOT end the contract and no, removing your withdrawal method will not achieve anything either. Just give a refund for the money you were overpaid. You need to go to your contract under My Jobs and click on the contract. That will give you the invoices and their amounts. 

Then click on the three dots and select the invoice you want to refund. You can adapt the amounts you want to refund as well.

kerempg
Community Member

I ended the contract.

kerempg
Community Member

ok.

Hi Kerem,

To issue a refund, please follow the steps shared here. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
kerempg
Community Member

when I say "view payments": it says:

two items pending still.

is there any more coming? maybe more than two?

petra_r
Community Member

Yes, there is more coming, because you kept tracking more hours. The client has aready paid, once on Monday ast week and once on Monday this week

Why do you not follow the instructions on how to refund both weeks?

Refund invoices 305170632 and 303841999

kerempg
Community Member

Since my goal was to cancel a payment which is in pending. You informed that it is not possible in Upwork system. so I changed my plan which was "refund" to "not to refund".

can we ensure this:
After taking the amount

by order (with amounts), I received and will receive,
1) X USD
2) Y USD

then it will finish, did i get it right? if, it does not, please write down the remaining ones like mentioned above.

Kerem,

You have been stridently insisting through 16-odd posts that you did not want the second and third payments. At least three people have told you if you do not want them, you should refund them. (You can refund them without their ever hitting your bank account/withdrawal method.)

Now you are explicitly refusing to use the only mechanism available to you to fix your problem, which is to refund any payments you don't want.

You want the money? Keep it.
You don't want it? Refund it.

Make up your mind.

And stop wasting everyone's time.

Thanks for coordinating with me. 
However, it would have been nice and professional if no foul language (e.g: odd posts, wasting time, stridently etc) was used and I would have received simple and correct answer (misleading message about that I can edit my timelog which has already passed more than a week).
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members