🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: temporarily suspended contract
Page options
garciatorres-k
Community Member

temporarily suspended contract

Hello Dear Community,

On May 21st, I received the notification that my contract has been temporarily suspended. This is what is see when I check this contract: “Upwork is investigating an issue. Please do not resume work with this client until the contract is active again.” I also see that one of the milestones is inactive right now and see such a notice: “Please ask your client to fund and activate this milestone”.

I am feeling devastated as it was a huge project and I receive a small amount out of what has to be paid.

As I understand, the client may or may not resolve the problem with his account. It is just his decision, not an obligation.

So, I have a great chance to stay without payment, right?

I am a new one to Upwork and this experience makes me feel so disappointed as I`ve done such a huge work and feeling that I`ll leave with nothing.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Karolina G wrote:

I am feeling devastated as it was a huge project and I receive a small amount out of what has to be paid.

As I understand, the client may or may not resolve the problem with his account. It is just his decision, not an obligation.

Hourly or fixed price?

Have you done the work for what was funded? Milestones?

What do you mean by "it was a huge project and I receive a small amount out of what has to be paid." ??

Did you do any work beyond what funds were funded in Escrow?

It was milestones. I just realized that a client did not fund each milestone. So, it turns out that I did job beyond the escrow funds.

Karolina G wrote:

It was milestones. I just realized that a client did not fund each milestone. So, it turns out that I did job beyond the escrow funds.

That is unfortunate.

Please submit and request payment for the part that was funded... You'll likely get that (hopefully, if it was not paid with a dodgy/stolen payment method)

Whether you will get more will depend on whether the client fixes the problems with Upwork, but in future only work as far as is funded in escrow, not further,´.

re: "It was milestones. I just realized that a client did not fund each milestone. So, it turns out that I did job beyond the escrow funds."

Don't worry too much about this.

You made a rookie mistake. But LOTS of new Upwork freelancers have made the same mistake.

Now that you know that you shouldn't work on unfunded milestones, then this won't happen again.

Yes, it was a huge mistake. I checked that a client`s payment method was verified and I saw that most of the feedbacks are positive. Only one negative. So, I was sure that this client is a responsible one and I took my hair down. Anyway, it is such a good lesson.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths