Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terrible client consequences

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Eva S Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
1 of 12

I am haveing a really terible client and am thinking of closeing the contract and refunding and im wondering what the consequences are.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
2 of 12

why isnt anyone antswering me?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
3 of 12

Because most European freelancers are having lunch and most US ones are asleep?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Highlighted
Community Leader
Sandeep C Member Since: Oct 24, 2013
4 of 12

If you are closing you contract from your side you will keep your money, u can leave feedback to the client which can be useful to other freelancers. u might be expecting bad feedback as well which will lower your JS.

If u are closing your contract and refunding your money, then you lose all money, you cannot leave feedback, your star rating will not be affected but your JS will be affected ( assuming client leaves a bad feedback)

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 12

can i report bad feedback to upwork if i believe ti has no base?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
6 of 12

You can, but don't get your hopes up. Upwork has pretty specific policies on feedback and rarely intervenes there. Read the Feedback Policy (6.) - your case doesn't sound like it falls into one of the categories that warrant intervention and for pretty much everything else you'll most likely get the first 2 paragraphs of this as a response. 

You can still report it but be prepared to present all relevant communiation with the client that can back up your side of the story. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
7 of 12

It wasn't that long ago that the same thing happened to me and I closed the contract and got my money. My suggestion is:

Contact customer service and have ready screen shots of any conversations that show bad behaviour on the part of the client. Messages, emails and skype conversations.

Customer service will review them and "may" close the contract for you, possibly get your money, and ensure that the only thing that shows is "no feedback". For this is cost me 6% points on my Job Success score. But I go my money and no negative feedback and am now working to get it back up again.

If the risk of bad feedback is not worth the dollars you may collect then refund the money already paid and just leave it at that. You'll still suffer on your JS but not that much, especially if you have had a few long term contracts.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
8 of 12

what can I do if the 2 day contract is takeing a week already and the client actually has his own client his waiting for all the wile makeing snide remarks and nitpiking all his imagination is coming up with? Smiley Frustrated and afcourse there is no milestone to the end of the contract

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
9 of 12

guess im getting bad js anyway but should refund the money so i dont get bad review too, thoguh I find it very unfair to myself and the rest of the freelancers that should know how my contract evolved

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mario C Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
10 of 12

is it an hourly or fixed price contract?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS