🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » the calendar of my brother country is differe...
Page options
sikhashresth
Community Member

the calendar of my brother country is different.according to his country's calendar my brother is 18

the calendar of my brother country is different.according to his country's calendar my brother is 18+ but according to english calendar my brother is less than 18 . The english calendar and nepali calendar overlaps . And his account is blocked.Will upwork accept him? He is 18 + in real . but not in English calendar .My country Nepal has it's own calendar .

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sikha S wrote:

My brother is 18+. Since the calendar of Nepal and the English calendar gets overlapped. According to the Nepali calendar, he is 18+ but not according to the English calendar. Nepal is the only country that follows its own calendar. He has lived more than 6570 days. But Nepal has its own calendar. Can he join Upwork?

Upwork determines age according to the English calendar and age is determined by English days, months and years. Someone born at the exact same time as your brother is under 18 according to the calendar Upwork uses to determine age.

Your brother can join when he is 18 according to the English calendar as the age is the same for everyone around the world.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sikha,

We understand that your brother would like to register on Upwork as soon as possible and we appreciate his interest. That said, we cannot accept his registration until he's of legal age based on his birthdate. He's welcome to wait and apply for registration again once he's of legal age.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

My brother is 18+. Since the calendar of Nepal and the English calendar gets overlapped. According to the Nepali calendar, he is 18+ but not according to the English calendar. Nepal is the only country that follows its own calendar. He has lived more than 6570 days. But Nepal has its own calendar. Can he join Upwork?

Sikha S wrote:

Upwork determines age according to the English calendar and age is determined by English days, months and years. Someone born at the exact same time as your brother is under 18 according to the calendar Upwork uses to determine age.

Your brother can join when he is 18 according to the English calendar as the age is the same for everyone around the world.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members