🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » the cover letter how long is best for proposa...
Page options
john_web_bd
Community Member

the cover letter how long is best for proposal?

Hello guys i am new here! I was submit my fist proposal but i need to know how much word is best for cover letter

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williamtcooper
Community Member

Md,

COVER LETTER: Create a flexible cover letter that is less than 100 words. Long cover letters rarely get read, but instead are ignored. Break the cover letter into four sections. Section 1 : Acknowledge the job that you are applying for such as "Looking forward to discussing your graphics design project". Section 2: Highlight your validations stamps IE skills that are brought to their project. Section 3 Explain how you will solve their problem and the final section request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

Have a wonderful day and let me know if you have any other questions!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
williamtcooper
Community Member

Md,

COVER LETTER: Create a flexible cover letter that is less than 100 words. Long cover letters rarely get read, but instead are ignored. Break the cover letter into four sections. Section 1 : Acknowledge the job that you are applying for such as "Looking forward to discussing your graphics design project". Section 2: Highlight your validations stamps IE skills that are brought to their project. Section 3 Explain how you will solve their problem and the final section request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

Have a wonderful day and let me know if you have any other questions!

thank you so much 🙂

You are most welcome! If you need Profile, or other sections, let me know. 

my profile just 80% complete showing but lemme know my profile is approved?

Keep completing your Profile until it hits 100% and then you are ready to start applying for jobs.

Are you talking about the proposal or a cover letter for the proposal? I have never sent a cover letter. If it is the proposal, the length depends entirely on the project and the requirement. There are many jobs you cannot present solutions for in 300 words or fewer. I started a thread on just this topic. The short proposal mantra is loud, but doesn't work for many jobs. The length depends entirely upon the job.

Very nice advice. I was wrong.

Have a nice day. Thanks🙏

wlyonsatl
Community Member

I have done over 350 jobs on Upwork, and nearly all were won using proposals that ran well over 4,000 characters.

Use as many words as you need to describe for a prospective client why you are the right freelancer for their project. Not a character more; not a character less.

hassan-monzur_al
Community Member

Hi William,

It's great advice to me. 

Thanks

Also, Monzur, my proposals include a specific list of the elements of their project I expect to provide, plus a list of other elements that would be add-ons, so they can't say later they expected me to do work I specifically am telling them I am not planning to do unless we agree ahead of time. And I tell them Upwork insists we use the Upwork ZOOM app for our pre-contract negotiations, providing the link to Upwork's policy in this respect.

Get to know each other before a contract – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

I am sure some of what I say in my proposals puts some potential new clients off. That is fine with me.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths