🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: the dispute upwork presenter take client ...
Page options
hagar0459
Community Member

the dispute upwork presenter take client side and discuss all the dispute instead of client

hi ,i need help as the presenter for upwork which responsible for facilitae the dispute and come for solution is discuss on behalf of client who added extra work and functionality and upwork presenter keep saying its dafault feature and he is the most taking client side until i asked for evidence its default feature from any program the client appera and start to talk as it was sent by email and the upwork facilator trust his word without evidence despite i didnt resceive this screen either by email or within upwork and i don't know why he keeps with client side without anycertain evidence which is by upwork policy that scope must be included in job and this what i don't understand how i can solve  if the upwork facilator neglect my word and trust his despite i have enclosed the job description which have the scope agreed although asked for evidencce as they both claim its default featuer and then when i insist to have evidence the upwork facilator change his point and trust only the client claim it was sent by eamil 
i really dont feel safe as any client can say any thing so ewhy is the scope needed to be written and agreed on ccontract 
i need solution although as i lost trust with upwork facilator 
you can check the dispute and read the full conversation 

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

HAGAR A wrote:

i need solution although as i lost trust with upwork facilator 

Then you need to ask to go to arbitration (the cost is $291 for each party)

The mediator can't make a binding decision anyway, the best they can do is make a non-binding suggestion.

So if you don't agree with their suggestion, the only way this can be resolved would be via arbitration or if one party concedes.

A firm decision can ONLY be made in arbitration.

ok but in the legal dispute the job scope is only confirmed upon job description and files inside upwork or client may claim any thing althoughi can claim wrong things but our refrence is the job description and files through upwork ?

HAGAR A wrote:

ok but in the legal dispute 

It doesn't matter. Nothing can be decided in mediation anyway so it really doesn't matter even a little bit.

Go for arbitration if you don't like what the mediator is suggestion and you have $291 to take it to arbitration.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I really don't feel safe as any client can say anything, so why is the scope needed to be written and agreed on ccontract?"

You are wise to realize this.

You are correct:

You are NOT safe.

Any client CAN say anything.

The scope in the written contract doesn't realyl matter as far as the Upwork user interface is concerned.

Why is this the case?
Because the Upwork user interface is just software. It is source code.

It can't read English.

The client REALLY DOES HAVE A BUTTON that lets them request a refund for all of the work that you did. The Upwork user interface software CAN NOT read the task description as written down in the original contract and make a determination: "Oh, this freelancer has actually done all that work already. So we won't allow the client to request a refund."

And Upwork does NOT want to pay employees to evalute all the work that freelancers do and compare it to the written contract and make sure that the client isn't asking for a refund without cause.

Upwork wants things to happen automatically as much as possible, without paying for referees, because that's how they make money.

is there any REAL security and safety for freelancers?

There is maximum security/safety when working on an hourly contract, while following the rules of Upwork Payment Protection.

For fixed-price contracts, your main source of security/safety comes from this:

You are an exceptional, talented freelancer who is providing great value to a client. The client likes your work so much that he is AFRAID of doing anything that could cause him to lose access to your services. That FEAR of losing the privilege of working with you is why the client will never behave badly.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths