🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » the fund was going to balance today, but pend...
Page options
galimzyanov_niki
Community Member

the fund was going to balance today, but pending balance got refunded to client without any reason.

Hello, everyone.

I worked on hourly project, and tracked the times manually.

So $500 was pending, I should have receive this today, but pending money refunded without any reason.

What happended???

What is working???

I am not sure how should I do?

I replied to upwork refunded email, I am waiting for theire reply.

Unfortunately, the contract was suspended before, but the fund was pending.

Ia anyone to let me know the reason?

13 REPLIES 13
gaucho76
Community Member

I'd say the problem is you tracked time manually instead of using the tracking app. Maybe you need to do it that way (there are offline works), but then clients can refuse to pay, it's not guaranteed at all, and many clients will abuse that

Hello, Fabio

Thanks for  your reply

so client refused to pay for it,  you mean?

Nikita G wrote:

Hello, Fabio

Thanks for  your reply

so client refused to pay for it,  you mean?

The CC charge didn't go through, so they deducted your balance. The client can come back and pay their bill if they intend to pay. Just depends on the client.

Always use the tracker unless you built a relationship with the client. Even then you should use the tracker. Basically, you use manual time with the risk knowing that there is a possibility you won't get paid.

Hello, Jennifer

Thanks for your message

If client doesn't pay, it will affect my account?

If yes, whatwill happen on my account?

Nikita G wrote:

Hello, Jennifer

Thanks for your message

If client doesn't pay, it will affect my account?

If yes, whatwill happen on my account?

No, it doesn't affect your account status.

Hello, Fabio

And in this case, how should I do?

I am in the same boat. I thought I did everything to spec used time tracker, made my notes about what I was doing, screenshots of the work and no manual time. In My case the work performed was instructional work using zoom screensharing on how to do certain functions in a platform so my keys were not going full tilt but rest assured I was working full blast. If they looked at the screenshots it would have shown that. I keep getting "well, the client can always issue you a bonus after the fact. What, are you kidding me? So my last message with support was please tell me exactly what I could have done differently according to the TOS.

lysis10
Community Member

Russell T wrote:

I am in the same boat. I thought I did everything to spec used time tracker, made my notes about what I was doing, screenshots of the work and no manual time. In My case the work performed was instructional work using zoom screensharing on how to do certain functions in a platform so my keys were not going full tilt but rest assured I was working full blast. If they looked at the screenshots it would have shown that. I keep getting well if the client can always issue you a bonus after the fact. What?

Out of curiosity, was there activity? I ask just because I kinda wonder what "good activity" means sometimes. Upwork has paid me out twice now. I was a little nervous about 2 segments but the others were good. It seems you need two segments in a row to lose the hour.

russtice
Community Member

Jennifer, 

There certainly was activity looking back through. I guess I am uncertain what consitutes appropriate levels becuase if you look at the part of the TOC it certainly doesn't say. Fair amount. What is that? Never have I ever had this happen till today. 

Again if they even opened up the screenshots they would have seen not a single static screen up on the project. 

lysis10
Community Member

Russell T wrote:

Jennifer, 

There certainly was activity looking back through. I guess I am uncertain what consitutes appropriate levels becuase if you look at the part of the TOC it certainly doesn't say. Fair amount. What is that? Never have I ever had this happen till today. 

Again if they even opened up the screenshots they would have seen not a single static screen up on the project. 

For some reason I remember it has to be 6 bars IIRC. But when I went back to take a look to remind myself if that was right, I couldn't find it. I admit I didn't look that hard either though. I try to always stick to 7 bars. It sucks when I'm reading because I have to hit the keyboard to scroll while I'm reading or when I'm just trying to think of what to say.

russtice
Community Member

Kind of tough to do at times especially in my segment as much of it doesn't require any keyboard/mouse functions to walking a client through various proceedures and "They want to do it".  Still doesn't by any means indicate that I wasn't working for and with the client. 

lysis10
Community Member

Russell T wrote:

Kind of tough to do at times especially in my segment as much of it doesn't require any keyboard/mouse functions to walking a client through various proceedures and "They want to do it".  Still doesn't by any means stipulate that I wasn't working for and with the client. 

Yeah, for sure. That's extremely frustrating. I hope the client comes back for you. I had a client do this once on manual time and he came back and paid. So, it's always possible it won't turn out bad.

russtice
Community Member

You know I have been around here since Elance days, so I have seen it all. Again, first time in probably in 7+ years I have seen a payment protection recall on my services. So delinquent payers is nothing new but certainly seems on the uptick for sure. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members