🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: the job is not coming in
Page options
josevicta
Community Member

the job is not coming in

I have been on Upwork for more than a month and submitted several proposals but haven't won a single job. why is that?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williambernal
Community Member

JV,

I have been on Upwork for more than 8 years and also submitted several proposals in the past month but...haven't yet "won" a single job.

It's not going to be easy for any inexperienced FL to score jobs with little to no UW experience.

And the fact is that right now, it's not easy for exprerienced FLs to score jobs.

You've picked a difficult time to begin your UW career so unfortunately--like the rest of us--you have to either fish or cut bait.

Best of luck to you!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
williambernal
Community Member

JV,

I have been on Upwork for more than 8 years and also submitted several proposals in the past month but...haven't yet "won" a single job.

It's not going to be easy for any inexperienced FL to score jobs with little to no UW experience.

And the fact is that right now, it's not easy for exprerienced FLs to score jobs.

You've picked a difficult time to begin your UW career so unfortunately--like the rest of us--you have to either fish or cut bait.

Best of luck to you!

Well, I guess I shouldn't have joined Upwork at the first place. i didn't know its so tough out here.

JV,

Please take solace in the fact that it's tough all over.

Good luck to you.

Josiah V wrote:

Well, I guess I shouldn't have joined Upwork at the first place. i didn't know its so tough out here.

Well, it depends on where you are located. If you are from a "developing country" with a low cost of living then joining Upwork would be helpful. Even though this platform is already littered with too many 100-dollar "jobs", those 100 dollar could make a big difference even if you only get one of such jobs per month.

If you live in a "developed country" then I am afraid Upwork will be a waste of time nowadays if you are hoping to make a living out of it. The quality of the jobs is really too low. It's been a steady decline for the past 10 years. Plus the competition has grown esponentially and, as William pointed out, even being skilled and experienced might not make a big difference.

william b wrote:

JV,

Best of luck to you!

Hi

For a fresh freelancer this is little difficult. But If you keep your bid price less you can get some project.

Regards

saju

tomzilla1
Community Member

Like William said, it's tough for everyone now. I can confirm this.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths