Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

there are a lot of Fake Jobs

msm2020
Mahmoud S Member Since: Oct 28, 2015
1 of 28

Hello everyone, 

This is first time i write here, I am not sure if this correct category to write this post.

The point is there are a lot of the Fake jobs and when i said fake i don't mean spams, i mean these jobs who still open and you can send a proposal but the client already hire a freelancer.

All of us know there are a limit connects use to send proposal, it's 60 connect for free user and every proposal take 2 connect, In fact you have 30 proposal per month and you may send proposal to these kind of jobs. 

I have 75 Submitted Proposals some of them from 5 month ago but it still open and you can send proposal to them, the question is why Upwork make a Bug behavior why client must lose 2 connect for Fake Jobs, and why some jobs still open from 5 months and more. 

I think the answer is to buy connects and increase the number of open jobs for reporting and stuff, I want to write another post to talking about Free users priority vs " Super users " it's fully funny when you have top rating and don't hire cuz you are free user.

Regards,

Mahmoud Salem

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 28

You address some legitimate problems.

Clients who repeatedly post jobs without hiring anybody ARE a problem.

But the reason for this is not because Upwork wants contractors to buy connects.

Upwork actually doesn't want contractors to buy connects, and it certainly has. I desire to see contractors come away feeling like their connects are wasted. Upwork would prefer that contractors NOT buy connects, but it put the ability to do so on place as a concession to contractors who don't really know how to use the platform properly.

msm2020
3 of 28

Today i can reply "Upwork wants contractors to buy connects" .

ianzojna
Ian Z Member Since: Apr 15, 2019
4 of 28

Do you still think upwork doesnt want users to buy connects?

andrei-kuznetsov
Andrei K Member Since: Jun 2, 2016
5 of 28

Same here. I'm a professional pianist and strangely enough there are quite many jobs if search "piano". I sent 13 proposals allready, and yet all or most job titles seems fake to me. What I mean, only one job disappears from "my proposals" list what means somebody actually hired somebody. All others 12 ones are still active and seems to be active forever. There are some among them like this one: **edited for Community Guidelines** where client says that the job is urgent, they have 7 days for it... and you know what? They are passed allready, the job is still active, no one hired, etc...

andrei-kuznetsov
Andrei K Member Since: Jun 2, 2016
6 of 28

You are not only loosing the connects, but you are wasting your time making reasonable proposals with custom sample examples. It will be nice to have some penalty system for clients, in case they passed some suggested time limit and did not hire anybody.

msm2020
7 of 28

Totally agreed. 

sachinsap
Sachin P Member Since: Jan 16, 2018
8 of 28

Is upwork is fake or real. Can i waste time on website. Pls reply me **Edited for Community Guidelines**

msm2020
9 of 28

Hello Nina,

Upwork is real and I working with it for 3 years and it's great website for me, my point is about some posted jobs not all of them

nerses
Nerses Z Member Since: Nov 17, 2015
10 of 28

Agree

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS